Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't expect Mustaine to go this far....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:
    [QB] Newc, I saw Metallica open for WASP ... LOL! Yeah, I know who Chris Holmes is. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You saw that tour too(back in the Cliff Burton days, Ride the Lightning had just been released)??? I caught the tour here in town with Metallica AND Armoured Saint opening for WASP. Blackie got food poisoning so they just let Metallica and Armoured Saint play extended sets after 1/2 the crowd left and got refunds....... it ruled!

As far a Alexi, I tried everything I could to save Alexi from leaving Jaqkson and even talked to Kim(Sinergy singer and Alexi's girlfriend) about loaning him a neck-thru custom until he got new Jackson's. The story from Kim was that his orders got shelved and he wouldn't have any guitars in time for the next tours(although he was borrowing Roope's Jackson's at the time). You guys should know that Alexi and Roope have been playing 80's custom Jackson's FOREVER!!!, way before any kind of endorsement.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:

As far a Alexi, I tried everything I could to save Alexi from leaving Jaqkson and even talked to Kim(Sinergy singer and Alexi's girlfriend) about loaning him a neck-thru custom until he got new Jackson's. The story from Kim was that his orders got shelved and he wouldn't have any guitars in time for the next tours(although he was borrowing Roope's Jackson's at the time). You guys should know that Alexi and Roope have been playing 80's custom Jackson's FOREVER!!!, way before any kind of endorsement. [/QB]
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">as
      Jacksons

[img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Spelling, sir! Got to set an example for the JCFers, you know!

Seriously, that was a generous offer on your part; it's a shame FMIC wasn't as aware of Roope and Alexi's Jackson loyalty as you are - or willing to back it tangibly. The tour Kim meant was the
      then-upcoming COB tour. With guitar thieves on the trail, you can't expect
      Roope to send his guitars out with Alexi
      when he wouldn't be around himself to keep an eye on them as he could on the Sinergy tour.

That theft seems more and more like it must've been an inside job. The guitars
      never surfaced, and his management would
      benefit financially from a fat ESP deal
      that Jackson would never match, and that
      Alexi would likely never have taken if he weren't desperate to have tour gear.

Other endorsees? Yeah Tremonti would sell lotsa guitars, and is anyone whining about Ben from Evanescence having a Jackson deal? He doesn't do solos either
      - but wait! That Amy Lee sure is cute!
      Tremonti, from clips I've heard, is actually a lot better than some of the "official" guitar gods, like Kirk Krammett for example! Heck, Mustaine smokes Krammett in every way, but was smart enough to know he needed a better
      lead player than himself for Megadeth to
      succeed. Kirk is just the anti-Dave personality-wise, and James is probably
      happy his lead guy is no better than he is on lead. Ego, you see.

ESP, and Ibanez, conduct business as capitalists, and market competitively by
      securing popular artists, or those with
      big core followings as guitar whizzes. It will always be that way, no use getting bent about it. Jackson is a niche market mostly for players from the 80s who can now afford them, and can probably survive the next 10-20 years on that customer base, but to gain market share they'd have to get in the ring and
      play the endorsement game more actively.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve:
        hey Brian how bout Roope from Sinergy or did he go with esp too ?
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The last thing I heard (don't know how correct it is) was that these ESP deals are for both bands: CoB and Sinergy, thus all the string players in these bands are probably playing ESP now.

Comment

It's not a talent contest to become an official endorser - it's about integrity and having a mutually beneficial marketing relationship. I still try to help as many artists as I can - if they're playing Jackson's and they're easy to get along with - I'm there. Mustaine can play circles around those guys - he had a huge influence on me, so I'm obviously biased. As far as Ben goes - I've only heard their cd once and someone at Fender walked off with it, but I don't think it's the kind of music where the guitar playing is over the top. He's a good guitar player and songwriter that loves playing Jackson guitars.

NP - Malevolent Creation's "Fine Art of Murder"

McD

PS - have you guys ever done a JCF compilation with your music?

[quote]Originally posted by syrinx:
          Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
          Other endorsees? Yeah Tremonti would sell lotsa guitars, and is anyone whining about Ben from Evanescence having a Jackson deal? He doesn't do solos either
          - but wait! That Amy Lee sure is cute!
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

http://www.espguitars.com/html/dv8_news.html
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Wait, these conspiracy theories about Alexi's missing guitars are insane. It went from his guitars just being stolen to now syrinx saying it's a possibel inside job.

Well I'm gonna take it a step further. In a plot put together by ESP and Tom Clancy they kidnapped Alexi's guitars to ensure world peace. Unknown to Alexi his guitar pickups had a secret isotope that cannot be detected and upon entering the USA would somehow fall into the hands of terrorists posing as a punk band called Sum 41. The guitar would be played at an MTV sanctioned concert at the Washington monument and when the correct sequence of notes are played the guitar would explode taking the whole audience with it.

So, maybe ESP has saved us and we don't know it?
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Man, all this Britney and Christina talk! Somebody should photoshop a Rhoads and a Warrior on them! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by McD - J/C HQ:

NP - Malevolent Creation's "Fine Art of Murder"

McD
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Phil Fasciana was a Jackson endorser for quite some time, maybe you should try to get him back in. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Is that gonna be Dave's sig model? Yuck, it has a pickguard. Not good on a King V.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

• Re: Didn\'t expect Mustaine to go this far....

Originally posted by ChickenScratch:
                      Wait, these conspiracy theories about Alexi's missing guitars are insane. It went from his guitars just being stolen to now syrinx saying it's a possibel inside job.

Well I'm gonna take it a step further. In a plot put together by ESP and Tom Clancy they kidnapped Alexi's guitars to ensure world peace. Unknown to Alexi his guitar pickups had a secret isotope that cannot be detected and upon entering the USA would somehow fall into the hands of terrorists posing as a punk band called Sum 41. The guitar would be played at an MTV sanctioned concert at the Washington monument and when the correct sequence of notes are played the guitar would explode taking the whole audience with it.

So, maybe ESP has saved us and we don't know it?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">possible [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Well, I HAVE read a couple of Clancy books lately..... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

It's just that each side is saying they tried to reach the other unsuccessfully, which is hard to believe. If BOTH sides were trying to reach each other it seems
                      that they WOULD HAVE. Maybe an orchestrated theft is too Clancy-ish, but I still think Alexi's management may have steered things towards an ESP deal; after all, they can't get 15% of a great-playing Jackson in the bank, but if they got Alexi, say, $50K per year as an ESP endorser, they could pocket $7500 for the effort, versus $ZERO from Jackson.

That scenario to me is not so far-fetched as the inside swipe idea, that the suits would capitalize on it to make $.

[ May 24, 2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

On the DV8 - F*cking dot inlays?!?!?! Thats a pretty mediocre guitar people.
                        On endorsements - I think Jackson should jump on this lot of crappy emo bands etc, Ive said this before. I mean Funeral For A Friend already play Jackson. Yeah theyre sh*te but they're on MTV2.

James

Comment

Originally posted by syrinx:
                          [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] Spelling, sir! Got to set an example for the JCFers, you know!
                          ...followings as guitar whizzes.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ha ha Syrinx! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

The root word you want is "wiz" (short for wizard). Just say "heroes" or something. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Racer "I have to whiz" X
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I think Jacksons have kinda kept their integrity by NOT having too many endorsees. ESP and Ibanez are awash with talentless f*cks who can't play worth a damn. Probably 90% of Jackson endorsers are damn good musicians.

Comment

That DV8 is a string-thru KV with a RR pickguard and wiring scheme......WHAT THE F*CK IS THAT!!!!!!! I call shananigans on ESP and Dave!

Comment

(Fender guys- there are a few good points in here, tell me if theyre crap and Ill stop saying them [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] lol)

New Found Power - Yeah point taken, but integrity gets you nowhere. Jackson might end up with all the integrity in the world, and no money.

Yes, to a certain extent keep the Jackson name sacred, but snobbery is not what Jackson needs at the moment, its publicity. I mean Jackson should jump on some of the players for ESP that arent really given too much of the limelight, such as Devin Townsend. Yeah, he's a musician's musician, but I dont see ESP flaunting him. It seems to be the Metallica boys, Slayer and Stephen fr*gging Carpenter in the adverts. Maybe if Jackson got some of these people and kinda went "Look motherf*ckers! We've got Devin Townsend playing for us, so we must be good". Wes Borland's got a new band, He used to play Ibanez, They have thin necks like Jacksons... Make him a seven stringer and start the Jackson WB line. One main model, and a sh*tload of imports for the kids. Like three models. A budget bolt on, a mid priced MG bolt on (the WBMG), an import neck through, and the USA Select. Yeah, there would be no more respect from the thrash/death gang, but if it appeals to the kids then its $$$ to Jackson.

I think having Nile and The Crown is a great boost. But then again, the people who like those bands arent exactly the MTV squad and dont really follow trends like the Nu Metal kids do.

I mean all these people that play like one or two Jacksons, like Peter Lindgren with his RR1, or Jon Schaffer and his Kelly, and offer them those partial endorsement deals where they dont have to be brand exclusive, but they still get reduced price guitars and have to be a Jackson player etc. Like Kirk is with ESP, he plays that LP and his RR1T equivalant, why couldnt Jackson sort a deal like that out for these people?

I have to admit When I got the 2002 catalogue, I'd heard of like 4 people in that photo montage on the inside covers. And I couldnt really care less that Johnny Asshat from Band X had a Jackson, cos I didnt know who the f*ck he was.

I dont see you Gibson fans moaning cos the lad in New Found Glory has a Les Paul etc.

Dave Mustaine went to ESP-get over it. Yeah I dont like his guitar, but there nothing much we can do about it.
                                Jacksons might be seen in the hands of some crappy bands - get over it. It'll mean more growth etc for Jackson.

Just my views though.
                                [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Jamesy

[ May 24, 2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Comment

Working...
                                X