Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa...

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
    Congrats on the bomber! Those are great guitars. I've toyed around with the idea of picking up a Charvel version but I already have a GMW bomber that plays and sounds awesome. FYI, when you change your strings, pull the RTM out and see if it's signed by Warren and Seymour Duncan. I'm pretty sure all of them are. I haven't heard of one yet that wasn't.

And here's your pic of Warren with his bomber back in '84. I also saw Ratt open for Billy Squire. That was a great tour.

Is Robbin playing a white student model Rhoads? Is that gold or black hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyroadie View Post
      So I bought it and have been playing it non-stop for 48 hours
      Congrats man

48 hours non-stop was blow involved or was that a joke ?

Comment

Nice acquisition!

When I was thirteen, players of the day were wielding either Gibsons or Fenders. I was into playing and learning chops on an Emperador LP copy my sister gave me at that age. My dreams were more of the wet variety and not about guitars I'm afraid!

The two Jims, Page and Hendrix, were the popular ones around that time and we all know what they played.

However, it wasn't till I heard UFO's Phenomenon album that I heard a sound and tone that I desired. Yes. A Gibson Flying V!

I got into Rush big time; Their Farewell To Kings album. Yes. A Gibson ES 335!

To this day, I have never owned either Gibson's V or 335. Any that I've played, never made a connection with me. You know what I mean.

Other than the old Emperador, {I've gotten rid of it long ago, but it still has a place in my heart!}, it wasn't until 1980 when I got my '78 BC Rich Seagull that I had a quality axe that I had chemistry with.

The next axe with which I experienced a love affair with; My '86 Charvel Model 4, which I got new in '87.

I've a BC Rich Power Gunslinger that I'm playing often these days. I finally got a V last year; Two to be exact, a Reverend Volcano and Dean 79. The Dean gets played more, but both are excellent axes.

There is a point to all this and it's basically that guitars that your idols played don't always turn out to be the right one for you. However, I'm glad to see that your dream Bomber has worked out for you. That's what's most important.
        Cheers.
        G.

Comment

Gratz man!!
          I can't believe you roadied for all these bands and no ones handed down a nice axe your way, damn rockstars!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trem View Post
            Gratz man!!
            I can't believe you roadied for all these bands and no ones handed down a nice axe your way, damn rockstars!!
            In my experience, they're more likely to throw it or smash it than give it away. Damn rockstars, indeed.

Comment

Congrats man. I wanted a Kelly since '85 and finally got one last year so I know how you feel.

Comment

congrats! awesome story too!

Comment

Working...
                X