No announcement yet.

Jcf-yce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember correctly, the thought of the Heineken Charvel was discussed as a possible #3.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
      If I remember correctly, the thought of the Heineken Charvel was discussed as a possible #3.
      Why that though, who's design was that? Was that based of Jeff Hanneman's?

Comment

Yep. If we could have got the okay on the headstock and the use of the heineken logo, it would have happened.

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post

in a nutshell, it was the first graphic'ed, plated, serial numbered charvel.

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
          Whose design was it?!? It was the first serialized Charvel.
          Jeff Hanneman's guitar with that graphic is an ESP and didn't come until many, many years later, but his says "Hanneman" and not Heineken.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
            Yep. If we could have got the okay on the headstock and the use of the heineken logo, it would have happened.
            Gotta say, through my research, such things really aren't that hard to obtain.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

So it's a go ahead on JCF03 ?

USA Charvel with Heineken graphic.
              Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Gotta say, through my research, such things really aren't that hard to obtain.
                Maybe not, but man, at that time and after all of the 02 noise, starting such an uphill battle was like climbing everest with no arms or legs. We probably would have had better luck getting the graphic approved than the headstock.

And then there was the graphic issue itself; that was a $1200 graphic at GMW, and from what I recall, Dan wasn't too hip to doing 30 of those. There was even talk of screening it on there, but that would have been shot down quickly.

Sully
                Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                Sully Guitars on Facebook
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
                  Maybe not, but man, at that time and after all of the 02 noise, starting such an uphill battle was like climbing everest with no arms or legs. We probably would have had better luck getting the graphic approved than the headstock.

And then there was the graphic issue itself; that was a $1200 graphic at GMW, and from what I recall, Dan wasn't too hip to doing 30 of those. There was even talk of screening it on there, but that would have been shot down quickly.

Sully
                  True. My research is in regards to a one-off. So I guess it doesn't fully apply.
                  Occupy JCF

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

Thanks, son!
                    No Problem!

anyway just because I'm one of the youngest doesn't give you the right to call me th...... oh wait... yes it does....
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Crowe View Post
                      From there it all snowballed as Donnie Wade tried to protect Lloyd and said that we had to do the JCF Series through GuitarXpress only. As you can imagine, the Admins were not going to put up with that shit as we had decided to give JCF02 to Matt.

From there, things got worse, Donnie became a jerk and yanked out exclusive JCF serial numbers and at that point the series was dead.
                      Don't worry guys, I kicked Donnie's ass for that, too!

And I got the pic to prove it this time:

(L to R) Donnie Wade, RacerX, Tim Wilson

:ROTF: :ROTF:
                      Last edited by RacerX; 04-13-2009, 07:51 PM.
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

• I know some things went sour with dealers like Kevin Easton and Lloyd and the JCF, but I have to say that back then I bought a few Jacksons from both of them and always had good dealings with them. In fact I've kept in touch with Lloyd by calling every now and then just to say hi. Lloyd was the dealer who helped make my 007 Soloist a reality through two long years after Fender bought Jackson and I'm forever greatful for that. He also took a bunch of us JCFers on a tour of the Ontario Custom Shop during NAMM 2003. Since then we've got more great dealers like Matt from Matt's Music, VWall, and Matt from OnlineStageGear. I've bought through all them in the past and always had great dealings with them too. I'm glad the JCF has been able to put us in touch with such Jackson/Charvel dealers
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

• I'm gonna bump, just for the level of class Rudy has ;
                          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

• Yup, I still own and gig out with JCF 02 09 every week!! That said, she is used and not minty fresh!

Thanks again to all that made my dream guitar possible. You guys are Ace in my book!!

All the best,

A~
                            Last edited by STLKINGV; 04-17-2009, 03:22 AM.
                            All hail the 'King'
                            R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

• I have JCF01-19 & 22 and JCF02-19.

Big Red's one of the best players I have.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcs21 View Post
                                I have JCF01-19 & 22 and JCF02-19.

Big Red's one of the best players I have.
                                Whoah! TWO JCF-01 Rhoads'!
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X