Jackson Stars/Pro Series/USA Select question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Stars/Pro Series/USA Select question

How come almost all Stars Rhoads come with 24 frets and on the regular Jackson Line only the JS and RR24 come with 24? Not a single guitar from the USA Select line comes with 24 that I've seen...I've only seen those mentioned before and CS jobs with two octave fretboards...

My best guess is that imports are all tooled for 24 fret guitars, so there is no variance. Traditional RRs have 22 frets so they are available in traditional config with the USA series, and there is another USA series available to those who don't want a traditional rhoads.
    '02 Jackson KV2
    '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
    '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by 3nz View Post
      Not a single guitar from the USA Select line comes with 24 that I've seen
      I imagine because the standard Rhoads has been perfectly succesful for over 25 years with 'just' 22 frets, and because they want to sell either import RR24s, or 'force' people to order from the Custom Shop...
      Last edited by neilli; 04-13-2009, 07:24 PM.
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Probably to adhere to what Rhoads wanted.

However, I have to question the adherence to any "tradition" for its own sake, especially from a company that got its start by and built its entire heritage upon breaking tradition.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

if u want 24 frets, get a KV.
          I dont see what's progressiv about 24 frets.
          The sound of the neck PU is different in 22 / 24 fret guitars.
          '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
            if u want 24 frets, get a KV.
            I dont see what's progressiv about 24 frets.
            The sound of the neck PU is different in 22 / 24 fret guitars.
            +1, and if you wanna Rhoads with 24, buy the KV and cut out the lower horn :ROTF:
            Ratt & Roll

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
              I dont see what's progressive about 24 frets.
              Then I guess you don't see the benefit of electricity, indoor plumbing, and motorized vehicles :ROTF:

Seriously, the benefits of having a 2-octave neck far outweigh the tonal differences between neck pickup placement.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Then I guess you don't see the benefit of electricity, indoor plumbing, and motorized vehicles :ROTF:

Seriously, the benefits of having a 2-octave neck far outweigh the tonal differences between neck pickup placement.
                "far outweigh"? I would've thought that would a subjective consideration, whether it's more important to someone that they have two additional notes, or if they prefer the tone of the neck pickup that bit further towards the nut.

But then, I'm playing caveman music that doesn't really require 23rd or 24th frets (although it's sometimes fun to play "up there").

Actually, I'm completely turned around on the subject now. I can't believe how conservative Jackson has become. Why do they even waste valuable time & energy putting neck pickups in when that same space good be put to better use with more frets? Make all their models 36 fretters. Those "real musicians" amongst us will get all the tonal variation they require out of their tone knobs, coil splitting, coil tapping, phase switching, pickhand positioning, concentric pots, 80s rack gear, etc, right?
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I use 23 and 24 if theyre there, otherwise just tap the string on top of the neck pickups pole piece, close enough!

Comment

Working...
                  X