shipping an Charvel from the States to Holland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shipping an Charvel from the States to Holland

I have a simple question. How long does it usually take to ship a guitar from the US to the Netherlands. The guitar I ordered was send on may 16th and still it not here. [img]graemlins/images/icons/mad.gif[/img]

it was shipped by US postal and I have a tracking number, but is has not been uptdated for that particular item since may 17th... so I am starting to get worried about it.

has anyone an idea?

Harrald

[ May 22, 2003, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: guitar geek ]

Re: shipping an Charvel from the States to Holland

It depends on what for a shipping service you (or the seller) choose. A friend of mine got something from the USA and it took 3 days. But he paid over $80 and the package isn't even a 1/5 of a guitar plus case. It was the fastest (and most expensive) shipping service.
    I also heard that by ship it takes several weeks. So it really depends if you did airmail or not.
    After all 16th may isn't one week ago so if i were you i wouldn't get worried yet (that is if you haven't got the fastest service and paid big $$$ for shipping).

It also could be that your guitar is stuck at the duty office in your country and this could take quite longer and maybe the shipping company hasn't updated their tracking numbers yet.

So relax a bit. If it would be over a month since sending your guitar i really would get worried if i were you.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

I agree with Flo; it can take a week or more for a guitar to ship even within the
      USA, and if it went by ship rather than air I'd expect at least 2 weeks to cross
      the Atlantic at cargo-ship speeds. That
      "Pond" is 3,000 miles wide, or 4,800 km.
      It's too soon for worry, but normal anxiety, that you can feel!

Comment

Well, 5 days and you're getting mad? You probably shouldn't start getting mad till a week or two has passed.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

"Well, 5 days and you're getting mad? You probably shouldn't start getting mad till a week or two has passed."
          Amen.

I had a guitar shipped to me via Usps, expedited, from the US to Australia, and i think it took a little over two weeks to get here, im not sure, dont worry dude, its coming.
          Cheers

Comment

UPS got me two guitars from the States in four days. I'm in Holland.

Rest easy.

Comment

thanx everybody. The point was to me, that the USPS site hadn't been updated for 3 days. Today I got a letter from the delivery service, that it will be delivered to me monday (because of the customs and taxes etc). so I am freaking happy (not that I have to pay taxes, but because I will have it monday [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] )!

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

USPS tracking is a Joke. It depends on what method they shipped it by. If they shipped it surface, it will be atleast 4 weeks since it is sent by boat. Also, like metioned, it could be held up in customs.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by guitar geek:
                  schipping an Charvel to Holland
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">^^^^^^^

Is it going through SCHIPhol?

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

damn, that is embarassing. My dutch is bad, but my grammar and spelling in other languages than my native one is even worse....

anyway, no it did not go through schiphol [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

harrald

Comment

Working...
                    X