Jackson CS with FR speedloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson CS with FR speedloader

Don't know how many of you have seen this guitar, but DCGL now has a Jackson CS with FR Speedloader for sale. I think it looks kinda strange

[ May 22, 2003, 05:13 AM: Message edited by: BK ]

Re: Jackson CS with FR speedloader

I agree, they do look a little "unfinished" but the ones with the burst finish headstocks are starting to grow on me.

Dave->
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

BTW, those trussrod covers with "Custom Shop" on um, MY IDEA...........

Comment

Don't worry Matt, we all know you came up with that idea [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I´d definitely buy it. I´ve gotten used to the Speedloaders, and I´m actually starting to like them. I don´t see the point with them, really, but they don´t bother me anymore.

Comment

Dave L, can you use regular strings on a speedloader? I read somewhere (on this board I guess) that you needed special strings to use it

Comment

nope, you need the speedloader strings. ernie ball or markley makes them, so it won't be that hard to find em.

sully
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Yuck!! Unless someone gives me a free guitar with one of them on it, I'll stick with my regular Floyds, thanks!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yuck!! Unless someone gives me a free guitar with one of them on it, I'll stick with my regular Floyds, thanks!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is sort of like what they said when the Strat was first invented.

Comment

Re the speedloader: [img]graemlins/puke.gif[/img]

Besides, where you gonna put your butts while playing? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] j/k, I don't even smoke.

Comment

Well the cool thing about leaving the headstalk as is, is you can always put machineheads on if you wanted to put a OFR or something like it. In the case of a bolt on you could use the neck on another guitar if you drilled it.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Now that those annoying tuners are off the headstock, the Jackson is SO much better:

1. Makes a Great Icepick!
                        2. A true Hockey Headstock to go with your Hockey Hair!
                        3. A great conversation starter with the ladies--"Check out my special head!"
                        4. The extra 2 oz. of wood where the tuners would have gone really makes a difference in the tone.
                        5. The Kelly is no longer so damned neck-heavy minus the weight of all those tuning pegs!

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

As you can probably tell, I would request a headless guitar on a CS with the Speedloader feature.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDaddyD:
                          </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yuck!! Unless someone gives me a free guitar with one of them on it, I'll stick with my regular Floyds, thanks!
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That is sort of like what they said when the Strat was first invented. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Strat's are the ugliest guitars... second only to Telly's. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] At least that's my opinion... How they ever became so popular is beyond me... Just cuz Jimi Hendrix played em?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:
                            They could have spaced the logo better in the headstock...
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My thoughts exactly!
                            The logo could be centered.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Strat's are the ugliest guitars... second only to Telly's. At least that's my opinion... How they ever became so popular is beyond me... Just cuz Jimi Hendrix played em?
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think they were pretty popular long before Hendrix, but keep in mind, there wasn't a whole lot of choices of what to play either. Strats were pretty high tech, back in the day. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X