Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Type of Hard Shell Case for Archtop Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type of Hard Shell Case for Archtop Soloist?

I have a USA archtop soloist (JA0041) that has a non-recessed Floyd - so between the arch top and the non-recess, that Floyd is up pretty high. The hard shell case it came with is a Charvel (toothpaste logo) that doesn't quite seem to be made for the archtop or non-recessed Floyd; when closing it, the inside top contacts the strings and floyd way before it is down far enough to latch closed.

So my question if for everyone with archtops, and especially those with non-recessed floyd archtops - what case do you have, and does it have more vertical space (ie. back of guitar to front of guitar) inside than the cases for your other non-archtop non-floyd (or recessed floyd) axes?

I did a couple of searches before posting and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

nobody????

Comment

well you could always take a block of wood and hammer the inside of the case where the trem makes contact. the block of wood would ensure you make a flat and even impression in the foam. i've never had a non recessed floyd, but i did the same for strap buttons on the back of my guitars so it laid flat in the case. hope that helps a lil.

Comment

I get on really well with the gator abs cases. I've got all sorts of shapes in them

Comment

I also would love to know. I have a 750XL and finding a case that copes with the floyd has been a nightmare.
          http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

My buddy who owns a 750XL got his guitar with a Charvel case that fits perfectly. I don't know exactly the type of case, but it follows the strat contours and has CHARVEL engraved in the top... and those "butterfly" type latches...

As the 750XL has the thickest body of all plus non-recessed floyd, such a case would definitely fit your Soloist.
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Originally posted by shadowcat View Post
              My buddy who owns a 750XL got his guitar with a Charvel case that fits perfectly. I don't know exactly the type of case, but it follows the strat contours and has CHARVEL engraved in the top... and those "butterfly" type latches...

As the 750XL has the thickest body of all plus non-recessed floyd, such a case would definitely fit your Soloist.
              Chainsaw case.
              Gibson SG Standard
              Jackson DK2M Dinky
              Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
              Roland Micro Cube
              Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

Working...
              X