Convert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert

After being a huge Kramer fan since 83 when I bought my first one, and years of snatching them up, the recent aquisition of an 87 JC Custom Shop Dinky, the Model 5a, a hybrid DLX, a Model 2, and now the DK2M I think the Jacksons are edging them out. I won't be burning or throwing away any Kramers..but I see the Jacksons getting alot more fretwear.
    Damn that hurt to admit..I know.. I know.. the first step is always admitting you have a problem.

I never got along with the frets or the radius on my Kramer Focus 2000. I replaced the neck with a Jackson woodburn neck and was much happier.

Both the body and the neck came to bad ends. I blame grunge (why not?).
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Welcome to the awesome world of Jackson \m/

Comment

Nothing wrong with spreading the guitar love in multiple directions.

I have more Washburns than Jacksons but the Jacksons are mythical in origin!
        I think everone here knows what I mean.

Welcome.
        Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
        Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
          Damn that hurt to admit..I know.. I know.. the first step is always admitting you have a problem.
          Your "problem" is just beginning. If you don't have GAS already, you soon will.

I recently scored a Kramer '86 Vanguard (USA Made). A very Gibson-esq neck (that's not a bad thing). But as you're discovering, Jackson/Charvel are a different world.

Welcome to the madness!
          WarPig____________________________________________
          "Live every day as if it were your last...
          ...one day it will be."

Comment

its about time ...been telling you for years....haha....im not going to let you forget you said that

Comment

I've had 5 Charvel/Jacksons and kept 2 - I could be talked out of one more.
              I've had 8 Kramers and kept 4 - I don't think I could be talked out of any of them.
              My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

I have both, and some others.
                I'm a gear whore.

Welcome to the madness!
                "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

I've always been a gear whore to some degree. Since moving my shop and increasing my business 4 fold I have gotten a lot worse about being a gear whore. Since february I've added over a dozen guitars to my collection. Plus all the mutts and customs I've built for myself as well. I have about 50 of my own hanging at the shop. Most are odd stuff or just have some interesting story behind them.
                  Thanks to all for the warm welcome !!!

Comment

Originally posted by atdguitars View Post
                    Since february I've added over a dozen guitars to my collection.
                    Holy smokes!! Epic!
                    My Duncan Designed pickups are way better than Seymour Duncan regular pickups you fanboy.

Yeah...too bad the forum doesn't have a minimum IQ.

Comment

Working...
                    X