Dinky Neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinky Neck

I was looking at a dinky today. I see that the neck is thinnest of the Jackson necks. Even thinner than the speed neck.
    I haven't gotten around to try one. How do they play? Is there any finish at the back of the neck?
    '08 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Jackson Custom Shop Soloist
    '09 Fender Stratocaster American Deluxe Fatstrat
    '12 Charvel ProMod SoCal Japan
    '17 Gibson Les Paul Classic
    '13 Gibson M-III
    Taylor 214CE
    Dean 6-string Bass
    Morgan Ukulele

They are AWESOME necks. Very thin, very fast, especially the maple board ones. The rosewood ones are identical in shape, but I personally find ]maple boards to feel faster. They are finished in clear gloss on the back, and the maple boards are finished as well.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
      They are finished in clear gloss on the back
      They're a matte satin, not a high gloss... unless they've changed them recently.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You guys are talking about the finish on the imports, right? The USA Dinky's oiled.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
          You guys are talking about the finish on the imports, right? The USA Dinky's oiled.
          +1

Comment

I assumed import since I don't think I have ever seen a usa dinky in a store to "try out".
            Last edited by Rich#6; 05-04-2009, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              Yes, the USA DK1 is oiled. The imports are all satin.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

"Dinky" necks vary is thickness and the radius is not the same on all models! I here some prefer thickness over lenght[glad I have both]
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Early to mid-90's dinky necks are gloss... for some reason when I read the first post, I thought he was talking about dinky rev. necks.

If youre talking about newer ones, then yeah, theyre satin clear.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

yeah regular dinky necks are thin but the dinky rev professionals are thinner and nicer.

Comment

The DK2M necks and Dinky Rev. are just awesome feeling necks. They are very thin and extremely fast playing. Can't get enough of 'em in the arsenal.
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Working...
                      X