Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP. Serial Number question. Identify this Jackson?, pictures....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP. Serial Number question. Identify this Jackson?, pictures....

I have a Jackson with stock pick ups, black, serial # 98080372, I don't care where it was made or date but I'm trying to find out the model of the guitar, is it a Dinky, a PS 1 or what? I bought it sometime between 1997 and 2004 new from MF for about $400. Any help?

I used this website but it wasn't much help:

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Jackson friends!

pic:

Take off the neck. It should be stamped on the heel.

It's a Dinky of some sort, but not a PS. The PS would say Performer on the headstock after the Jackson logo and have dot inlays.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Do you have a better pic of it? It's a Dinky Reverse, but it may just be a model made exclusive for MF.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It's either a MF run or a parts mutt.

The neck style with that logo and MOTO inlays was only used on the DR3, KE3R and DX10D
        Every import I've ever seen with that neck style has always be an H-H pickup config.
        Jackson didn't make any production H-S-S import with reverse headstock and reverse sharkies that I'm aware of.

Better pics of the body and trem would be helpful though in trying to ID it.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          It's a Dinky of some sort, but not a PS. The PS would say Performer on the headstock after the Jackson logo and have dot inlays.
          Yeah, but it's probably a PS body with some other model neck like Rj said - or a Gc/MF run. The ser # most likely places it as made in India around 1998.
          Last edited by RacerX; 05-19-2009, 02:22 AM. Reason: India, not Indonesia, duh
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Jackson didn't make any production H-S-S import with reverse headstock and reverse sharkies that I'm aware of.
            They did make an H/S/S body with reverse headstock, as I had a body that I bought off of ebay from a friend of Jim Shine awhile back... it was an MF run from like '97 or '98, and I had an MF catalog that showed it. It also had a weird blade switch placement, sort of how Ibanez does theirs, that's why I'd like to see a better pic to tell where the switch is.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              it was an MF run from like '97 or '98, and I had an MF catalog that showed it.
              Like I said... it's either from an MF run or parts mutt.
              -Rick

Comment

PICTURE OF MY JACKSON can you help identify it?

Ok friends, here is a pic or 2, please help me figure out the model, year it was made and what kind of model. Sticker on neck says Made in India. Purchased sometime between 1997-2003.
                thanks!
                ps. I put the Seymour Duncan in it.
                ps 2. purchased from Musician's Friend.

Comment

Parts mutt.
                  The neck is off of a DX10D.
                  Body is a PS2. (The JT-500 Trem is a dead giveaway). Only used on low end Jacksons.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by LOWLYFE View Post
                    year it was made
                    See post # 5
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                    X