Custom Shop turn around time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
    Let's put this into perspective. In the year 2000, there were 1553 USA made Jacksons. The exact breakdown was as follows:

17 Custom bolt ons
    37 Custom JJ's
    75 Production bolt ons
    15 RR Customs
    62 J Customs
    5 Archtops
    1342 Production neck throughs

Even if the Jackson crew worked 365 days a year, that would equate to more than 4 guitars finished per day! So when you put in an order, it's going to take a lot of time to finish. The actual build time may only be a few months, but until they can even start, it might take a year or more!
    so there were only 75 DK1's made in 2000? I would have thought they made more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by raullatem View Post
      I just ordered a kv2 and the store says I have to wait 4 months!! can I be sure it will not take more time and hopefully take less time?
      No, you can't be sure it won't take more time. My kelly was special ordered and took longer than expected. Mostly because it didn't get shipped to the dealer right away and then it had to go from So Cal to Boston and back.

It may take less time. It depends on when they are making kv2's and if they are already spoken for I guess. I saw king v's and soloists ordered after my kelly get delivered way before I got my guitar.

Four months is a bit of a wait, it is much less than I waited so just suck it up

If this is your first Jackson, it will be worth the wait.

Comment

For my USA select SL2H graveyard, I waited 8 months & for my custom shop hellraiser soloist, I waited 2 years, 1 month and 1 week! I have to add that they forgot to scallop frets and the guitar had to get a trip back to the factory, but even without that, it was close to 2 years.

So when I see a 4 months delivery time, I doubt about it regarding my personnal experience. But anyway, it worths the wait. US Jackson are the absolute best guitars I ever put my hands on.
        What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          They give you any reason why it took so long? Did they screw something up?
          Y'know I think it was simpy a logistics thing...like my order was basically "lost in the sauce". LOL

Once they started working on it they got it out to me pretty quickly.

Alex

Comment

How come carvins only take a month or two for a custom order but Jackson can take 2 years

Nevermind read how many jackson were made in 2000
            Last edited by toxikdeth; 06-18-2009, 04:52 PM.
            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
              How come carvins only take a month or two for a custom order but Jackson can take 2 years
              Also consider that Carvin CS means you pick from a large list of options. The actual wood work is limited to what they already do. You can get Jackson to build your own body design, neck specs, and wood choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Larz View Post
                FYI.......If you order a custom shop guitar with tits on the graphic, they will bump you to the head of the line.

:ROTF: :ROTF:
                That's funny ,but not far from the truth!!!!
                :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                X