Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which should i buy?

hey, i'm buying a jackson guitar and i'm on a budget of 3,500 bucks
    i was thinking of making a custom rhoads, but i figured that i could buy 2 jackson rr24 instead of buying a usa custom.

which quality is better? is it worth it to make a custom or should i just make a custom?

That's a no brainer it would be pointless to buy 2 rr24s theres nothing better then a custom jackson. You are obviously going to get better quality with a custom jackson. I played an RR24 before and really hated the sound but then again i don't like emgs.
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

If you order a custom shop Jackson be ready to wait for a while.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Definitely one quality custom shop or even a nice USA Select is better than 2 rr24's.

Comment

With that price range, you can pretty much get whatever you want.. Quality wise, custom shop will be the best, but that doesn't mean the other guitars aren't good quality.
          Originally posted by horns666
          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

what Jacksons have you owned before?
            Hail yesterday

Comment

to be honest, this is the first jackson that i will own and i've tried jacksons at my local stores, but they only have the bolt on japanese serieses.

and i wanted jackson to be my first high end guitar

Comment

You can get an SL1 or an RR1, and still have some money left over.
                Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

I'd say try to find a used Custom Shop to get a general idea of the quality, though you could also get a USA Select model and probably be just as happy.

While the Custom Shop stuff usually has more attention to detail, more options, and higher-quality figured tops than Production models, that's really the main difference (notwithstanding the fact that you can get pretty much anything through the Custom Shop - maple boarded Soloist, custom body shaping, different body wood, etc).

To be honest, I'd say wait until you've explored a few different USA Jacksons and really nailed down everything you want in a guitar before going Custom Shop. Most folks are happy with the USA Select models, and from what I've seen, most Custom Shop orders have the same features and specs as a USA Select but only one or two minor cosmetic changes (reverse headstock, maple fretboard, different inlays, different inlay material, etc).

To me, those changes are minor and aren't worth the extra money. To others, they are worth the extra money. It's all about individual taste and preference.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

is it neccesary to make a custom because i need a 24 fret, 18v battery cavity, only 1 humbucker space, only 1 volume knob and a black body with no white neck and headstock binding?

i was thinking to buy an rr24 because it's the nearest to my specs i wanted, but it lacks an 18v battery cavity, i wanted it to have no bevels and a white jackson logo

Comment

Try Jackson Stars. They've got 24 fret RR models.
                      Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                      Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

i've looked at them but rr24 has the nearest specs
                        Last edited by ginjisan; 05-17-2009, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Doesn't matter what the question is, the correct answer is always Custom Shop RR
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I know you have specific specs in mind, and you seem to be exited about the brand, which is great, but if you've never owned a USA Jackson and have only tried out a few import bolt-ons, I'd recommend picking up a nice used USA neckthrough first to be sure it's a good fit for you. When you commit to a custom, you're looking at up to a 2 year wait and a huge depreciation hit. With a used one, if you take care of it you can always sell it for close to what you bought it for when it's time to fund the custom, or you can part with it with no regrets if you find out it's not for you. Not trying to talk you out of anything, but this is the approach I've always taken when getting into a new brand that I haven't owned before, and it has served me well.

Comment

ok, USA MADE jackson stars and jackson USA SELECT SERIES, and a japanese made RR24, how are they different?

Comment

Working...
                              X