No announcement yet.

which should i buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA-made JacksonStars are USA Selects made for the JacksonStars brand and only available from retailers in Japan.
    Some of them are USA-made Custom Shop models made for trade shows and such.

USA Select is the Production models available everywhere else - North & South America, Europe, etc.

RR24 - Made by the same people that make the JacksonStars models that are made in Japan.

As for quality, you'll probably find the Japanese-made JacksonStars have a slightly higher build-quality than the RR24 sold in North America/Europe simply because there is no "Jackson USA Select" range in Japan. The TN-01 is the top of the line JacksonStars range and is comparable to the USA Select line.

However, the pricing is roughly the same as a USA Select, so you won't get them cheaper. Add the $120 shipping fee (with only a gigbag), and an extra $100-$150 for a hardshell case, and you're better off going with a USA Select or RR24.

From what I've seen, the RRTN-01 is only 22 frets. The older models had 24, but the build specs were changed to be more in line with the USA models after the FMIC buyout.

Also, AFAIK, the JacksonStars Custom Shop and Semi-Custom options have not yet been reintroduced, so you can wave goodbye to the glory days of getting a well-built moderately-customized Jackson for about the cost of a USA Select.

I'd say get a USA RR-1 and don't flip the toggle switch if you don't want to use the neck pickup (or get an RR24), live with the bevels, and stuff 2 batteries into the control cavity.

Definitely own what's available before plunking down the money for a Custom Shop. In the time it takes to arrive, your tastes may have changed, in which case you're stuck with it or have to sell at a considerable loss: If anyone wanted to pay full price for "your" Custom specs, they would have ordered one just like it themselves.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

thanks man, maybe i'll buy the rr24 first, maybe it can save money to buy a new decent amp, hahahah

Comment

After learning this lesson the hard way many times over, forget about compromising. You will never be happy until you get what you want.

For the specs you listed, custom shop is your only option. You could try getting a 10-piece run going with some members on here and save some money, but even a one-off won't be over $3500.
        Scott

Comment

On the flipside, I've spent years trying out different production models and used Custom Shop pieces I thought looked great, as well as ordering my own stuff. I still haven't nailed it down to "the one".
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

if you want a custom shop right out of the gate, do it. it will be expensive and take a long time to get, but it should be awesome.
            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

okay, i'll order the rr24 right away, is www.mattsmusic.com a legit and trustable website?

Comment

Originally posted by ginjisan View Post
                okay, i'll order the rr24 right away, is www.mattsmusic.com a legit and trustable website?
                Yes. Click the dealer link at the top of this site and you'll see he's a sponsor here.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hey, i;m buying the yellow bevel ones, are there any possible ways of changing the color of the logo?

Comment

Originally posted by ginjisan View Post
                    hey, i;m buying the yellow bevel ones, are there any possible ways of changing the color of the logo?
                    Not Sure If you're looking for red he could be able to do a neck switchover, but heck if not well, I dunno.... Sorry
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Another alternative to going custom shop is buy a guitar as near to what you want, then mod it/get someone to paint it how you want it. I believe mm2002 did a Rhoads a while back.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                        Not Sure If you're looking for red he could be able to do a neck switchover, but heck if not well, I dunno.... Sorry
                        tough to do on a neckthru
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

you can also shop for stock models of jackson custom shop guitars, check the jackson website for a list of authorized custom shop dealers and visit their website / call to see what they have.
                          I would recommend anything neck-thru USA or obviously custom shop.

Comment

Check out the customs in stock at guitarasylum , the musiczoo , or drumcityguitarland.

Comment

Working...
                            X