Charvel body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel body

Ok lets say I was a poor guy that wanted to get a good quality Jackson/Charvel. Are the Charvel bodies on eBay plus a Jackson/Charvel neck equal to a good guitar? here are some examples:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ONE-HUM-GUITAR-BODY-LIC-BY-FENDER-CHARVEL-ROOT-BEER_W0QQitemZ220413661501QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuita r_Accessories?hash=item3351ad913d&_trksid=p3286.c0 .m14&_trkparms=72%3A2096|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240 %3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHARVEL-JACKSON-FLOYD-ROSE-NECK-COMPLETE-W-NECK-PLATE_W0QQitemZ280347127271QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuit ar_Accessories?hash=item4145fdade7&_trksid=p3286.c 0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A2096|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|24 0%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Are they any good?
    This is my signature:This is my signature:This is my signature.

Tough question and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of differing opinions. IMO, unless you have some experience, building a guitar from parts can be a hit and miss thing. My first few were pretty horrible looking and only played modestly well. Some of the guys on this forum build guitars that far surpass most of the junk on the bay so it really depends on your level of experience. Additionally, for the price of just the body and the neck you listed above, you could probably land a player's condition Model Series Charvel. The Classified section on this forum usually has one or two of these for sale at really good prices. Check it out.

Comment

I believe that's a might mite body and they are made in korea. the one I have is pretty nice, good tone. The only flaw was that the back cover was drilled off, but that could have been done aftermarket since I didn't buy it new. I have come close to getting one of those rootbeer ones myself. You will have to do some sanding if you are matching up a charvel neck and a strat style body. the neck heel pocket are different sizes.
      If that is what you want I would say go for it, but just remember a model 2 can be had for around 300. JCguitars does have a good rep too.

Comment

Looking at both of those auctions, you may as well keep your eye out for a Model 2 auction and avoid the labor and wait of piece-parting a guitar. But, if you're in it for the experience, make sure the neck pocket and the neck butt are the same width.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Well the first auction is not a Charvel body at all.
          You can buy used real ones for about that same money.

Mixing and matching genuine parts with "licensed" parts usually meets with failure.
          Most "licensed" necks have the wrong heel size to bolt up to a genuine J/C body.

As stated by tcwil8, you can buy a used Model series Charvel that is in decent shape for less money than it would take for you to build one from parts.
          -Rick

Comment

Working...
          X