7 string guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 string guitars

I have received a lot of emails etc on 7 string Jacksons being in high demand again aside of the COW's. I wanna hear your thoughts on this topic.

On one hand, I regret selling my 7-string Warrior. On the other hand, I simply did not do anything with the low B to justify keeping it, much less ordering it in the first place.

However, as a general rule, 2-hums outsell 1-hums, and bridge choices increase sales - both whammy7 and non-whammy7 types will buy them.

I'd start with adding a neck hum to the COW7 and see how it goes rather than tooling up a Soloist, Rhoads, Kelly, KV, or Warrior jig. Less effort and easier to get out of if need be.

7s aren't going away, so the market's there, you just have to be able to hit the ground running with a competitive model and not a "me too!" model.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You should ask on www.sevenstring.org to survey the more likely target audience!

I think it would be nice to see a seven with passive pickups or a quality Floyd trem, and maybe the SLS headstock. Maybe an ash body with rail-style humbuckers of some kind. A lot of the seven-string players I know of seem to be into the more technical metal styles, where the Duncan JB and Jazz don't get much love. The reason I mention an ash body is that mahogany and basswood can get muddy at lower tunings, but ash keeps its tight lows and overall punch . . . at least in my experience!
      sigpic

Comment

If you made a USA KV or RR (24 fret, rearloaded) in a 7 string, it would be my next guitar, period. I'd prefer a tom to a floyd, but would buy either. No need to make a Kelly, as I have one of those.

On sevenstring.org, there's a lot of love for Jackson and normally the demand seems to be voiced for a USA made 7 string SL. I agree with Inazone that it would be good to ask over there. One of the admins is a Jackson Endorser (Mike from Division-USA) and could, I'm sure, give you plenty of feedback about what people want or post the question on your behalf. He has a trans black USA 7 string SL CS (with smurf hat headstock) that he's always asked about.

As Jackson Stars were tooled up to make 7-string versions of the SL, RR, KV and KE, if you made high-spec imports, they may sell, but not - I suspect - as well as a USA made version. Here's my Jackson Stars KE7, which is basically USA spec. (MoP, ebony, etc.):

Comment

I have a 7 string, but I have to admit that it's the guitar I play the least. It just seems that every time I pick it up I just want to chug on the low B.
          Scott

Comment

I would love to see a USA select 7 string, or atleast upgrade the COWs to neck thru and offer a floyd option like christians newer ones .

Comment

PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM. PLEASE MAKE THEM.

I think you might be able to understand my thoughts on 7-string Jacksons. I really would like to expand my playing horizons with a fancy-pants low B. Please make some new sevens and specifically, a seven string model or two for under a thousand. Like a DK2 but with 7 strings or similar models. Have a couple MG models with 707's in them and have the Pro Models have those new active Duncans. I would even be happy with a 7-string version of a JB and the single coil stacks. I just want a seven string Jackson.

That's all.
              "Dear Dr. Bill,
              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

yea it seems the only real 7 string you could get would be the schecter black jack (with blackouts ), unless you want a crappy ibanez washburn, or another crappy schecter, keep in mind here that i'm 16, and that i have a limited budget haha
                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I'd love to see USA or Import 7-string versions of SL, RR, KV or KE I know I'd buy one, I love playing in B or lower tunings. A nice USA SL-2H or KE-2 setup but with a 7th string would be awesome.
                  Jackson SL-2H Soloist (Ferrari Red)
                  Jackson Stars RR-J2 Rhoads (Black)
                  Jackson KVX10 w/EMG 81 bridge, EMG 60 neck (Black)
                  Ibanez RG470 w/OFR, Seymour Duncan SH-5 neck and bridge (Titanium Ice)
                  Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus (Vintage Sunburst)

Comment

Originally posted by Cannella View Post
                    I have received a lot of emails etc on 7 string Jacksons being in high demand again aside of the COW's. I wanna hear your thoughts on this topic.
                    My thoughts on the topic? I can't believe you guys still play 7 strings. Didn't they go out in the 90's? It's so 20th Century...
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      My thoughts on the topic? I can't believe you guys still play 7 strings. Didn't they go out in the 90's? It's so 20th Century...
                      What about Nevermore? They still play 7`s and they`re fantastic.
                      "Dear Dr. Bill,
                      I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I think you have to take your top selling guitars and add a 7th string. So don't do a 7 string Warrior or Kelly. Go with a RR or a SL or Dinky. I also think the regular Jackson pointy doesn't look that good for 7 strings. Play around with the headstock. Maybe the SLS headstock or that one off the Jackson Stars model that's like the 3 per side Charvel logo.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I'd say that if Jackson were to introduce a 7, it should at least be at a competitive price.. You can get a JL Signature Shecter with all the bells and whistles for pretty cheap, and it would be worthless to come into the game late with sky high prices.. Just my 2 cents.
                          Originally posted by horns666
                          The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                            I'd say that if Jackson were to introduce a 7, it should at least be at a competitive price.. You can get a JL Signature Shecter with all the bells and whistles for pretty cheap, and it would be worthless to come into the game late with sky high prices.. Just my 2 cents.
                            Yep. I'm maybe getting a Loomis this summer. If Jackson made something comparable I would happily get that instead. I really need a 7 for guitar lessons. My teacher has one and he's just itching to teach me a bunch of Nevermore songs.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,

Comment

Originally posted by Ben... View Post
                              Yep. I'm maybe getting a Loomis this summer. If Jackson made something comparable I would happily get that instead. I really need a 7 for guitar lessons. My teacher has one and he's just itching to teach me a bunch of Nevermore songs.
                              My friend has one, it's a great guitar, plays great, sounds great, and looks great. I'm just not too big on Signature guitars, even though JL is one of my favorite players. No doubt if I were to snag a 7, that would probably be it, unless Jackson had something that was in the same price range and was equally as good. Schecter is really running the 7 string market right now, they offer good quality at a pretty good price... Tough to beat unless you really want to.
                              Originally posted by horns666
                              The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                              X