No announcement yet.

7 string guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Jackson should start making 7-string Soloists, Dinky's, and King V's. The market is definately there.

Comment

a double rhoads body with 2 emg 707 pickups would be sick or a king v usa 2 emg 707s with 7 string original floyd rose would be killer as well
      Guitar generator geeks were are you lets see some 7 stringers on here!!
      Marshall 100 watt full stack mg100
      Peavy 6505+ Half stack
      Raven rg20 combo amp
      Jackson Dxmg
      Jackson RR24
      BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

Comment

Originally posted by ramon_jr View Post
        a double rhoads body with 2 emg 707 pickups would be sick or a king v usa 2 emg 707s with 7 string original floyd rose would be killer as well
        Guitar generator geeks were are you lets see some 7 stringers on here!!
        7 Strings aren't an option in the generator.
        Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I have been in the market for a 7 string for a while - I want to be able to play Carcass/Entombed without de-tuning to spagetti.

Here is what I want:
          • USA series.
          • Neck thru.
          • Standard sized headstock - reverse is fine.
          • The shark inlays to actually fit the width of the fretboard, the standard sized inlays look terrible on 7 string fretboards.
          • 2 humbuckers with coil tap options - Actives are fine, just not EMG.
          • Kahler trem (do they do a 2300 series in 7 string?) - Floyd if not, but prefer Kahler.
          • Don't mind which body shape, KE, SL, RR or KV all suit me.
          Why haven't I ordered this in CS? I'm not that rich.... yet.

Forget the 7 string question, when are we going to see a 10 string again? I was always mesmerised by the RR 10 string in the 95 catalogue.

Comment

Do somebody has any clue if this topic will lead to a US 7 string? Talking about it is great, but when will we see it?
            What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"? I talk to him every day.

Comment

Originally posted by SLY View Post
              Do somebody has any clue if this topic will lead to a US 7 string? Talking about it is great, but when will we see it?
              For that, I'd suggest you visit one of those old ladies who tell fortunes.

Comment

Well, check this one out!
                Out of the SS.org forum...

Comment

If you do it, make them baritone! 27" scales are sweet to play on even with my smaller fingers and it sounds way better for a B string.
                  "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by ekalb09 View Post
                    If you do it, make them baritone! 27" scales are sweet to play on even with my smaller fingers and it sounds way better for a B string.
                    They sound better on the B string, but solos on the higher strings don't sound as good and are tough as hell to play unless you have Hands of Steel.

Comment

Jackson did make an import baritone at one point; the DK-27.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
                        Jackson DID make an import baritone at one point; the DK-27.
                        Yes, but it would be nice to see some higher end import versions and/or USA versions nowadays. It's a market where you rarely see Jacksons.
                        "Dave Mustaine - apparently, he invented thrash AND Christmas." - Grandturk

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                          I think Jackson should start making 7-string Soloists, Dinky's, and King V's. The market is definately there.
                          +1

I think 2 hum, floyded soloist, (alder/maple/ebony), and maybe a dinky is the way to go. Same for a reverse head rhoads/double rhoads

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Guitar View Post
                            Well, check this one out!
                            Out of the SS.org forum...

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sev...-shop-day.html
                            Would've looked KILLER with binding.
                            I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                              Would've looked KILLER with binding.
                              ???

The fretboard is bound... with black binding.

Edit: I like the size of that headstock. It's not as huge as the regular Jackson seven headstock.
                              "Dear Dr. Bill,
                              I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

BC Rich seems to have something up their sleeve for 2010 in the 7 market, I hope Jackson will have something as well! would be great to get a new kelly, Rhoads or king-v 7 string!

Comment

Working...
                                X