help buying 1st jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help buying 1st jackson

hey everyone...this is my 1st post so I guess i am a newbie!
    This may seem like a silly question, but I can't figure out the difference here between 2 dinky models.
    What are the main differences between these dinkys?
    DK2 and the DK2T
    thanks!
    sam

One has a tremolo, the other is a string-thru bridge.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I take it the T satnds for tremolo.....but interesting as i have found on musican's friend that in their description on the DKT it has "JT390 adjustable bridge with strings-through-body"

Comment

Originally posted by drumbum1977 View Post
        I take it the T satnds for tremolo.....but interesting as i have found on musican's friend that in their description on the DKT it has "JT390 adjustable bridge with strings-through-body"
        The model names can get a little confusing to people who haven't got used to them. Jackson used to use 'T' to stand for tremolo, but nowadays on the current models it means no tremolo. So any guitar with 'T' on it is a non trem version of a guitar that usually has one.

(They use 'FR' on Floyded guitars that are a variant of a guitar that usually has no trem)

To clear up the DK2 series:

The DK2 has Hum/Single/Single pickups and a licensed Floyd.

The DK2T has a string through bridge (non trem) and Hum/Hum pickups.

The DK2M has a maple fretboard, licensed floyd and H/H pickups.

The DK2S is the same as the standard DK2 but with a Sustainer neck pickup

The DK2L is the lefty version.
        I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
          The model names can get a little confusing to people who haven't got used to them. Jackson used to use 'T' to stand for tremolo, but nowadays on the current models it means no tremolo. So any guitar with 'T' on it is a non trem version of a guitar that usually has one.

(They use 'FR' on Floyded guitars that are a variant of a guitar that usually has no trem)

To clear up the DK2 series:

The DK2 has Hum/Single/Single pickups and a licensed Floyd.

The DK2T has a string through bridge (non trem) and Hum/Hum pickups.

The DK2M has a maple fretboard, licensed floyd and H/H pickups.

The DK2S is the same as the standard DK2 but with a Sustainer neck pickup

The DK2L is the lefty version.
          well THAT's not confusing at all ! lol
          I have read in some places that the the seymour duncans pick ups are not real seymour duncans and that they are only "seymour duncan designed"....is that something in the past? Or is the 2009 models have the real ones?

Comment

T stands for TOM (tune O matic)

Comment

well THAT's not confusing at all ! lol
              I have read in some places that the the seymour duncans pick ups are not real seymour duncans and that they are only "seymour duncan designed"....is that something in the past? Or is the 2009 models have the real ones?
              That was the old ones, before 2006. In 2006 they changed the Pro series slightly and upgraded all of them to having real Duncans. On all of the DK2 variants, the bridge pickup is a Duncan JB. The single coils on the DK2/DK2S are Duncan classic stacks I believe, and the neck humbucker on the DK2M and DK2T is a Duncan Jazz.

You can find the spec sheets on the Jackson website.
              I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Working...
              X