Pic request: You and Big Red!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic request: You and Big Red!

I'm planning on a project double Rhoads, and I'm just interested in how they look. I'e seen pictures of them, but never really with anyone else in the picture for scale.

I'm 6'4" and about 190 and pretty lean, so I just want to be sure it isn't going to dwarf me. So, as odd as it sounds, anyone with a Big Red or any other double Rhoads, could you post a picture of yourself and the guitar (black out the face if you must) and say your approx height/weight.

Looking forward to seeing these!

i'm 6'3" - 6'4"

Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

No pics of me with mine, but I'm also 6'3", about 210lbs when I had it.

It definitely won't dwarf you (ala Rhoads with his Sandoval), but you'll want to mind the tips - they stick out behind you a pretty good bit. It's easy to skewer something or dent the tips if you're not careful.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks guys! I have a Rhoads, so the top fin won't be a problem, but I didn't think about the bottom one. Hopefully it isn't a problem.

Comment

It's the same size as an ESP V. So if you can fine one of those at your music store,, Just pick it up and get someone to take a picture of you.

Comment

Anyone have a pic of a double Rhoads and a King V together side by side? I've always been unsure of the difference.
            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              but you'll want to mind the tips - they stick out behind you a pretty good bit. It's easy to skewer something or dent the tips if you're not careful.
              Put a tennis ball on each tip!
              "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                Anyone have a pic of a double Rhoads and a King V together side by side? I've always been unsure of the difference.

Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Thanks. The one on the right is bigger. Which one is which?
                  Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                  www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

The bigger one is the double Rhoads.

Thanks for the info everyone.

On another note, I've checked with a few people and haven't been able to find anyone that can make the body for me. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

The original Double Rhoads "King V" is the bigger one... it's two long wings of a Rhoads body (compare the smaller size of the King V today on the left, and it has its wing shorter than the Rhoads).
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A big clue is the "R. CROSBY" stencil on the case!

BTW I went to that building last time I was in Hollywood, don't remember if I ever posted about that. It was on a weekend but I was able to go up to the correct floor, whatever office is there now was closed, but I had an interesting time explaining my "quest" to the lobby guard!
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm 6'1" 210 lbs.
                          All hail the 'King'
                          R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
                          X