Jackson/Charvel Clinic @ Chuck's in MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson/Charvel Clinic @ Chuck's in MD

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it but thought some folks in the VA/MD/DC area might be interested. They've got Warren DeMartini coming and they're doing some form of cash rebates on purchases.

Everything in music! Since 1958 we've been selling guitars, drums, brass, woodwind, DJ gear, lighting and stage, pro audio, recording gear, orchestral strings, and much more. We offer service for almost every instrument, educational rentals, and school & government sales. Please call us at (301) 946-8808 for more info.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Warren won't be at the store--he'll be doing a special pre-show meet 'n greet at the M3 show at Merriweather in connection with Chuck's. It sounds like a decent offer, though. With Chuck's you never know what Jackson goodies they have hidden in the back room. They keep only a small fraction of their inventory out on the sales floor, where they usually have a couple of USA Jacksons in addition to the imports. A couple of weeks ago they also had a few USA Charvels out on the sales floor. Haven't seen any of the EVH gear, though.

Comment

Sweet! Sounds like a great excuse to take the day off.

Comment

I'm gonna try and get out of work a little early. It's not every day you get the opportunity to get your axe on the main Jackson web site (not that it works right anyway).
        Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

For those in the area of Chuck's, I will be going to this clinic after work. I got in early today so I might be there around 4 or 430. I hope to see some other JCFr's there. If not, I will let everyone else there know about this awesome forum. l8tr.
          Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

All I can say is, thanks Hippietim for posting this event. Sharkfin (Pedro) and I (Scott) coordinated and met up there. It's great to see our members face to face. He and I were the only ones who had brought in 'vintage' Jacksons. The reps from J/C took MANY photos of the guitars and us for...well, we'll just have to see. There were reps from the host music store (of course) and the 'High Performance' manager from Fender, a guy by the name of Nick Bowcott. This meant nothing to me until they mentioned Grim Reaper, of which he was the guitarist. He and I were talking and I said, 'Holy shit! I've got you guys on my iPod!' He got a chuckle, but he was extremely knowledgeable in pretty much everything in the music business. Anyway the 'High Performance' is basically the division that comprises J/C and EVH. The store had about 15-20 guitars hung up on the wall and included a couple of Learn's and Lawrences as well as a total custom job by Pablo. All of them were USA only. A rep went over every single guitar including background history on some of the new Charvels such as the 'Distressed' model. There was a lot of discussion about the new EVH Wolfgang and amp, but that should go in a different area. It was a nice piece though. The grand finale was Nick getting up on stage and blowing us away playing a Jackson he took off the wall and an EVH amp that was used by the School of Rock earlier. He played some Dime and Halen covers in a montage fashion. It was my first clinic and a great experience meeting these guys who actually work where our guitars are made (Coronado, CA nowadays). Peace.

Comment

Corona, CA you mean...
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Uh...yeah...brain tired at 1 a.m....thanks for the correction. :-)

Comment

Working...
                X