Saw Jackson for sale but no model number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw Jackson for sale but no model number

The owner said he did not remember the model (seems odd) as the sticker has come off but posted a serial number: 98081413

I have heard the members here are good at tracking these things down so figured I would ask. I was kind of out looking for a steal/bargain for a Jackson/Charvel to keep my 650 company and so I could let the kids play that and not mine

Were going to need a description, pickup configuration, #of frets, etc.
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

if there was a sticker on the guitar, it would have been only to note where it was built. Because it had a sticker (and from the serial number), we can surmise that it was made in Asia. Beyond that, more information is required.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Some of the mid-90s imports have their serial # on a sticker (for example, my Kelly Std).

But yes, we'll need a description to help identify the model. The serial # doesn't mean much.
        Scott

Comment

The description was vague at best, bolt on neck and double humbuckers. I managed to get the picture.

Yeah I did not recall a model name on mine just a made in Sticker, but the Model Number was carved on my brain (plus warranty card helped)

p.s. What is the preferred method of posting images? A host like Photobucket the best way I see there are no attachments.

Comment

JS30? JS20? Which one has the v-trem?

Anyhoo, yeah, Made In India Dinky. Not a bad guitar for a beginner, but there's better available depending on the price.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I think he was asking something like $250 more than I was originally looking at for the kids but I figured I may spend more for a half decent Jackson that way I may play it on occasion myself. Was curious more than anything to see if it was a gem or just another cheapo.

Looked up JS30 has a hard tail (through body) and JS20 seems to be 1 double 2 singles but very similar for sure.

p.s. Did a quick check and the case comes with so might be a deal any way?
              Last edited by creeduk; 06-11-2009, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Ah I think you led me in the right direction, looks like it maybe a JS1?

Comment

If it comes with the hard shell case, I'd say it might be a good deal. Figure $100 for the case alone, and the guitar is then $150.

However, you probably couldn't sell the case for $100. $50-$75 at most depending on condition.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

True, a case is good I remember when I bought mine it did not come with a case (the previous year had at least from our shop) the genuine Charvel case was expensive so I went with a lite-flight I would keep the case. I am going on an exploration trip to our local guitar shop (real one not Guitar Center) and I will see what they have there first, then I may see this one at least the trip will give me chance to re-familiarize myself with the models I have not seriously looked at guitars to buy for over 10 years now.

India...wow I did not even realize they had them made out there, I have to assume lower quality? Is the bottom of the line still Korea and China with Japan preferred and USA if you win the lotto?

I apologize if I have got a little of track, maybe I need a new thread to ask but but just expanding on information that has come to light from this thread.

Comment

That's the cheapest Jackson available I think. Check some of the online dealers or ebay. You may find a better price than $250.
                      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

India is pretty much bottom of the line now, probably tied with China. Then Korea (who are a lot better than people give them credit for), then Japan, then US.

Personally I'd stay away from the JS series. You should be able to find a used X-series for just a little bit more.
                        Scott

Comment

I was sent a larger image

Comment

My first Jackson was a JS1, bought back in around 1996-97 and probably made in Indonesia or Taiwan from what I can recall. I paid $220 w/o case brand new at Guitar Center. Although it wasn't amazing, the workmanship was good and it never gave me any trouble. I sold it after buying a nicer Japanese Dinky, but it created a good first impression about Jacksons for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Is that supposed to be brand new? In the pic, the screws in the pickups rings look rusted. Maybe it's just the photo. Anyway, you can get these brand new for $199. And you can choose a different color if you don't want blue.
                              Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                              www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Working...
                              X