DKMGT - Worth a little extra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DKMGT - Worth a little extra

OK so earlier I think I managed to identify a Jackson that was $250 as a JS1 it is pretty decent shape with a nice case and already more than I was gonna spend for the job it is gonna do, but I have a chance of a really nice looking DKMGT also with case (I need to see it but pictures look in great shape) and I could probably get for $400 with case. Would you say it is worth the extra $150? I am wondering if this guitar will last better, be more rewarding and hold value substantially better than the JS1?

Last Guitar I bought was 20 yrs ago, last I sold was a Washburn G-5 so kind of out of touch with value and trades. I know I wish I had held onto more stuff and bought more along the way when friends sold or traded up

I am trying to make sure this is my limit though and not fall into the well for another so many dollars...I am sure we have all been there right?

I wouldn't get either of those for any price. Have a look for a used DK2 or DK2M or an old Model series Charvel.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Where are we talking about getting these? I am interested.
      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I love the DKMGT I have. I would say $400 is a good price if it is the newer ones with the EMG 81 85 instead of the EMG HZ's

Comment

$250.00 is as high as I would go on a used DKMG.Nice guitars tho'.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by orions View Post
            I love the DKMGT I have. I would say $400 is a good price if it is the newer ones with the EMG 81 85 instead of the EMG HZ's
            Just double checked and it is the EMG-HZ ones so maybe not so good.

Local seller.

May give Ebay another look but this is all good info for my fact finding mission to the guitar store, will see what is around on DK2M and the DK2.

What would you recommend as a ball park price to pay for those models - Grandturk?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by creeduk View Post
              What would you recommend as a ball park price to pay for those models - Grandturk?
              Since places like Sam Ash and Guitar Center were blowing out brand new last years models for 299-399, I wouldn't go over 250 for a used one with Duncans. Older ones have "Duncan Designed" pickups.

Some others here might pay more, but I wouldn't.
              Blank yo!

Comment

Grandturk now is that the DK2M models you mentioned or the DKMGT, I am wondering what type of price on the models you mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by creeduk View Post
                  Grandturk now is that the DK2M models you mentioned or the DKMGT, I am wondering what type of price on the models you mentioned.
                  The 2008 DK2M was going to 299-399 the past couple of months as stores cleared out their stock to make room for the 2009 models. Thus, I would either wait for a new 2009 model to be blown out next year or buy a used model for no more than $250 - but that's just me.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

My shopping trip found several with HZ pickups which I dismissed. The only DK2's and DK2M's found were more like $499 to $600 so remembering Grandturks advice I skipped I guess despite loving the brick and mortar store online really helps keep some money in my pocket (money I will try to spend at the store on other more competitive items)

GT where do you buy? I have not bought Guitars online but I have bought camera equipment and I know there are plenty of stores that advertise a lot that should be avoided so I am assuming the same is true here.

Comment

Working...
                    X