Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson to relax many strict Custom Shop policies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Sentiment and Utopian visions don't pad the bottom line, and if you're not in business to pad the bottom line, you won't be in business very long.

I guarantee you that before Gibson fell, there'd be brand new Les Paul Elites, Customs, and Supremes hitting the streets at $600-$1200 made of lesser grades of mahogany (Indonesian), ebony (striped ebony stained black), and maple (photoflame) while "the good wood" was locked in a vault for future use or sale.

You can smoke the pipe of Americana all you want, but the realities of business dictate that ideals and ideologies go out the window when they clash with the need to survive.
    +1 very nicely said!
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
      No BS if you got the money submit a quote right effing now before they change their minds.
      You've presumed their minds were already changed in the first place. Nope, not yet.

Comment

I went straight to the source and asked about this topic. Here's the response.

"The Y2KV is Dave Mustaine's model and that will never be built again. The 'Bird that we used to [build] and was inspired by the Firebird is something that [we're] working on. The Explorer is [a] Gibson [design], as is the traditional Flying V, and we simply won't/don't replicate other companies bodies."
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Originally posted by mattsmusiccenter View Post

"The Y2KV is Dave Mustaine's model and that will never be built again. The 'Bird that we used to [build] and was inspired by the Firebird is something that [we're] working on. The Explorer is [a] Gibson [design], as is the traditional Flying V, and we simply won't/don't replicate other companies bodies."
          Thank you! That 'bird is ALL I care about.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

The 'Bird that we used to [build] and was inspired by the Firebird is something that [we're] working on.

Yeah, this is what I sorta reported on last week. CS only.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I know you are just relaying the message Matt but that makes no sence what so ever. If you look at the Jackson Explorer and Roundhorn V its is slightly different than its Gibson counterpart. The Firebird shape is actually closest to the Gibson shape out of all those designs.

The Y2KV I understand why they cant make it because of Dave's coniption fit but the other stuff is kind of meh... corporate common sence?

Unless they are talking about the Mark Morton inspired by a Firebird body or a whole new design we have not seen yet...

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                I know you are just relaying the message Matt but that makes no sence what so ever. If you look at the Jackson Explorer and Roundhorn V its is slightly different than its Gibson counterpart. The Firebird shape is actually closest to the Gibson shape out of all those designs.

The Y2KV I understand why they cant make it because of Dave's coniption fit but the other stuff is kind of meh... corporate common sence?

Unless they are talking about the Mark Morton inspired by a Firebird body or a whole new design we have not seen yet...
                I never thought of that! Even though it probably wouldn't work for me, I think Jackson should come out with a new body shape! It's about time... (signature models don't count IMO)

Comment

Working...
                X