No announcement yet.

The Kv5 and Ke5 is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right or wrong Jackson learned there lesson with making guitars that are equivalent to USA selects back in the 90's. If I'm not mistaken, the Professional Pro series cut into the USA made sales fairly dramatically, and was ultimately done away with because of it. They are not going make the same mistake twice, as well the added cost for binding, ebony, etc. would start to take the $1100 guitar out of the mid range market and a buyer ought to just buy the more expensive USA's. That is my guess why you can't get binding and ebony.

Comment

We can get binding and ebony on artist sig guitars as well as the SLSMG, SLS-3... but they are not more expensive than the 5ers. And adding binding would not make them equal to their USA counterparts, there's still a difference in the rosewood, MOTO inlays and the tremolo.

But whatever, these aren't string-thru anyways.
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Seriously? ANOTHER guitar with a FUCKING FLOYD?

Are you guys serious?

Is Floyd Rose holding a gun to your fucking heads so that you put a Floyd on EVERY fucking remotely high end guitar?

Come on for fucks sake. Rosewood boards, no binding, no MOP. Aren't you guys aware that you're just digging your own graves this way? Every company is making guitars where you just get more guitar for your money.

Now this is one failed axe that's for sure. I will get a Standard Series ESP V with ebony board, TOM and neck/headstock binding for this price.

Way to go at listening to your customers. Not.

Now this is the KV5FR. Jackson really needs to get the regular KV5 or KV5T, or whatever it will be called and even IF there's going to be one, straight and with proper specs where you actually get what you pay for.

I will take my money elsewhere. Ridiculous.

I know I will probably get flamed for this. I like you guys over here, but this is just BS IMO.
        Last edited by BeëlzeM; 06-13-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
          The website states that they have bolt on necks.
          The spec sheet for the Jenna Jameson Rhoads says it's a soloist..

Also I like the cutaway for that KE5. The horn begins at the 24th fret, instead of the KE3.

Originally posted by _koppen View Post
          Yeah, i know, im just dissapointed.

But why does Jackson bother putting out these imports???
          They know how the people on the board feels about them, and the general public choses thing like this one for half the cost over the jackson imports.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BC-RICH-NJ-DELUXE-FLYING-JR-V-GLOSS-ONYX-GUITAR-W-C_W0QQitemZ310147706595QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?h ash=item48363e6ee3&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms= 65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1546|240%3A1318|301%3A1 |293%3A1|294%3A50

so they sure as hell cant sell that good?
          So why do they bother with them?
          I love imported guitars. Only from Japan, not from Korea or Indonesia. My friend got a USA Soloist and he fucking hates it, he prefers my RR3 over it. I would love a Pro Series Kelly or King V in my house. But definately NOT at that price. May I also add I spent $2g less than him.

Jackson should be putting out the Import series guitars for a cheaper price, not for $200 less than a USA KV/KE. Actually that's probably what they're doing to boost sales, why get a Pro Series when you can get a USA one for a little bit more?
          Last edited by MetalHeadMat; 06-13-2009, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kbrr View Post
            rosewood boards = ugly

+800

Comment

I don't mind the rosewood board, or the lack of a binding. And although most people seem to dislike the Floyds, I personally love them... I just wish the KV5 was a variation of the KV2 as opposed to a low cost alternative, if ya know what I'm saying.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Like I said recently elsewhere - get a used USA Select.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I would before getting a KV5. But oh well... no sense bitching about it, lol.
                  "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    Like I said recently elsewhere - get a used USA Select.
                    no shit. if you want a "cheaper" guitar with the USA specs, buy a used USA select.

and what is all this shit about "string-through"? jackson is a shredder guitar. they MOSTLY use floyds.
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I also think the price is sky high, but with that said, im not suprised. If you look at musiciansfriend, ALL of the prices have gone up alot. A rr3 is not 950 as oppossed to the 750 i got mine for. Blame it on the economy (Although i think they would want to make prices CHEAPER!!!) or whatever the reason is, but i think if we see jacksons coming back down to their normal prices, i think these models will be more affordable.
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I'd love an import with ebony, binding, and string-thru, but...

...Oh, wait! I've got an SLSMG! Nevermind.
                        Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                          I also think the price is sky high, but with that said, im not suprised. If you look at musiciansfriend, ALL of the prices have gone up alot. A rr3 is not 950 as oppossed to the 750 i got mine for. Blame it on the economy (Although i think they would want to make prices CHEAPER!!!) or whatever the reason is, but i think if we see jacksons coming back down to their normal prices, i think these models will be more affordable.
                          Here's a tip... don't buy guitars from MF, as they normally charge the suggested MAP price. A normal dealer will typically give you 30% - %35 or more off of that price if you call them.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                            I'd love an import with ebony, binding, and string-thru, but...

...Oh, wait! I've got an SLSMG! Nevermind.

And that's what pisses me off!

Couldn't we have had an ebony board and some binding on this one too!!

But i aint gonna bitch about it anymore, but there is no way im gonna trade my Dean Mustaine for this one as i have planned for 1.5 year!
                            Tell me about it!

Comment

The SLS3 doesn't have as much body wood as the KE or KV, so if both models have the same build budget, there's extra money in the SLS3 budget for ebony boards compared to the other 2.

Similarly, there's more money in the MM1 budget so you get mahogany with a ton of extra work, a great flamed top, trans finish, custom wiring (4 knobs, a 3-way, and 2 minis), non-standard body shape, ebony board with custom inlays, non-standard headstock shape, etc.

By the same token, there's more money in the Demmel budget, and therefore you get more "upgrades" such as custom body shape, ebony board, etc.

The USA KV and KE are high-enough sellers with great retention that they very well may have done these with rosewood to get everyone off their asses and pay for a USA. If the economy's so tight for you, maybe you need to lay off the buying completely.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                                Here's a tip... don't buy guitars from MF, as they normally charge the suggested MAP price. A normal dealer will typically give you 30% - %35 or more off of that price if you call them.
                                Well they DEFINETELY do online for obvious reasons. I have never bought ANYTHING from musiciansfriend. I use the site ALOT for reviews, and to see pics and new products. I have bought many things from gc and they always have some kind of deal for us. Like i got a $150 credit when i bought my explorer. But where i lived before they were the ONLY jackson dealer. We hadone tiny music store, and ALL they have is knockoffs! But there is a local one here. So i should just call them and then like mention the MAP thing you said and ask if there is any kind of deal?
                                I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X