What!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What!

How come ESP gets to use the Firebird shape? They aren't even bought out by Gibson! But of course Jackson can't.

Explain?
    Originally posted by Hellbat
    Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Not sure ESP do get to use the Firebird shape now - I think the ESP 'birds are from the 80s and maybe early 90s...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Also remember, it's a gentleman's agreement between Fender and Gibson. Obviously it don't apply to ESP.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Dunno, but if ESP starts putting birds out i'm buying one.
        In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Nothing odd there ESP rips everybody designs.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Has ESP ever had an original design? -ever???
            Ratt & Roll

Comment

The bird is the word.

The Firebird, SG, EX (Explorer), and the Les Paul are all shapes that are stolen fom Gibson, but not technically the shape. The point on the LP is sharper, the Phoenix (Firebird knock off) has a cut away, the EX is slanted and sharp, and the SG is kinda offset. I don't think legally they could do shit.

Also the SV shape, kinda a Rhoads, but the lower fin is a bit bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                The bird is the word.

The Firebird, SG, EX (Explorer), and the Les Paul are all shapes that are stolen fom Gibson, but not technically the shape. The point on the LP is sharper, the Phoenix (Firebird knock off) has a cut away, the EX is slanted and sharp, and the SG is kinda offset. I don't think legally they could do shit.

Also the SV shape, kinda a Rhoads, but the lower fin is a bit bigger.
                That's stupid, Gibson "tried" to sue PRS for making a SINGLECUT guitar. Not a Les Paul design, but just a stinking singlecut guitar. And the ESP eclipse resembles the les paul exactly but sleeker. No lawsuit there.
                Originally posted by Hellbat
                Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  The Firebird, SG, EX (Explorer), and the Les Paul are all shapes that are stolen fom Gibson, but not technically the shape.... the EX is slanted and sharp
                  ESP's EX shape was stolen from Charvel. Oz Fox from Stryper had a pointy Explorer like that in the '80s. Wayne Charvel now makes his signature model like that, too.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Gibson can no longer stop ESP from selling the Pheonix in the USA.

so you will see the shapes are going to be available from now on....

"hint hint"
                    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

ESP needs to die anyways. All my friends at school want an ESP Rhoads knock-off...It's sad and kinda pathetic.
                      Ratt & Roll

Comment

Working...
                      X