Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are so many people concerned with "pre Fender"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, custom shop and option policies aside, there are people who want you to believe that the exact same import jackson model that was made after the fender buyout is inferior to one that was made before. Hence, they throw the pre-fender thing into the description. Its just to pump up the value of their used gear. It really doesnt make a difference.

Comment

Sounds like the old "Pre CBS" motto,except it's in 21st century.There are some Fender haters. . so by adding "Pre-Fender" to the ad (Jackson) it's to aid in selling it and also some like used gear and certain yrs.
      Something like that anyway. This is funny cause I just bought a "Pre-Fender" 2000 SL-1 in Trans Green.So I guesss I can start saying it now too.
      Last edited by ADR; 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM.
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Every so often this question comes up and every time I answer it the same way. I have several pre as well as post Fender Jacksons and I'm willing to bet that if I handed you one of each to play you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Thats because there isn't any! The quality is still the same. Since I never sell any of my Jacksons and Charvels, I don't put those statements in my ads. However based on all the ads we see, I suppose if I was a seller I'd advertise my pre-Fender Jacksons as better and that they don't build them this good anymore. If I was selling a post-Fender Jackson I'd advertise that its the new and improved/better built guitar
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Its possibly the suggestion that age / vintageness makes the guitar better.. For example, its not just pre fender we hear but also "its san dimas". Accordingly, San Dimas > Pre fender > Post fender in order of greatness depedning on your point of view.

Comment

Well, for that matter, I'm seeing more '80s Charvels being listed as "pre-pro", which previously was limited to the '78-'81 Charvels. Now they're going up to '85 just because it was "before they started production on the Model series".
            While it's technically accurate, "pre pro" had been previously defined and the time limit agreed upon, but was then somehow changed.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Well, for that matter, I'm seeing more '80s Charvels being listed as "pre-pro", which previously was limited to the '78-'81 Charvels. Now they're going up to '85 just because it was "before they started production on the Model series".
              While it's technically accurate, "pre pro" had been previously defined and the time limit agreed upon, but was then somehow changed.
              Leave it to someone with something to sell to muck up the whole thing.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Or its the anal lube factor coming into play
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Is it just me, or did the dinky body get bigger at some point? The dinky std I had, body seemed smaller than the DR3 and even the Dinky revs seemed bigger. My custom shop I owned long ago seem smaller also than say guitars made after 95?????? Or just the anal factor!
                  I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    Leave it to someone with something to sell to muck up the whole thing.
                    I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by ADR View Post
                      Sounds like the old "Pre CBS" motto,except it's in 21st century.
                      Pretty much, except that CBS really did come in and screw up the Fender line, such as the 3-bolt Strat, etc. FMIC hasn't made any changes to the basic Jackson line, other adding a few new variations to the lineup. But an SL2H is still the exact same design as it was under AMIC from 1996 on. I haven't noticed any quality difference in the Select Series guitars I've played or in the imports.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                        Pretty much, except that CBS really did come in and screw up the Fender line, such as the 3-bolt Strat, etc.
                        Well, the three-bolt Strats weren't that bad. The white three-bolt hardtail Strat was what Jake E. Lee used... the one that got the neck shaved down and the Charvel logo added by someone he knew who worked at Charvel. Wasn't it also a sunburst before it was painted white?
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Speaking of Mike Shannon, I talked to both Mike & Pablo recently: It is mainly Mike & Red who are doing Charvel Custom Shops; Pablo & the other fella who's name I don't have with me mainly do the Jackson Custom Shops. Pablo told me personally that when there is no Jackson CS to work on, he will work on production models, mainly Dominions and another model that's in my notes at home.
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            he will work on production models, mainly Dominions and another model that's in my notes at home.
                            Dominions are USA? I thought those were imports. Hmm. Learn something every day.
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              Dominions are USA? I thought those were imports. Hmm. Learn something every day.
                              No, the Dominions are import. Mark's personal guitars are USA Custom Shop, but the production models are Japanese.
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Phew! Thought I missed something of vital importance!
                                Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                                X