Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone sent a guitar to Mike Learn for a graphic refin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone sent a guitar to Mike Learn for a graphic refin?

I just picked up a black DK2M for the purpose of getting a graphic refinish, most likely from Mike Learn. I've been emailing him back and forth, and have looked at his website's gallery several times, but get the impression that a lot of those are custom guitars being farmed out to Mike for paint. With the latest Jackson price hike, I figure that a new DK2M for $399 *plus* a custom graphic will still end up cheaper than the 2009s shipping now.

Anyway, has anyone done this?
    sigpic

More than I can count? I've seen many threads....

Comment

This is a good read. Aside from a few silly comments you will see the magic unfold before your eyes.

Comment

Yep. I sent Mike a DK2M, and he did a great job on it. I told him the basic idea that I wanted, and let him have his creative freedom. I am completely happy with the finished product.
        1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        Jackson SLATQH
        Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
        Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
        Jackson DKMGT (project)
        Kramer Focus 1000
        Ibanez SDGR Bass
        Ovation Celebrity
        Martin Backpacker

Comment

Yes,

Mike is cool. He did a 90 C/S Dinky for me. Great job. And yes Mike I still haven't posted the pics.....sorry I will..By the way its a true flame candy red. Never seen another like it so far.... That's way I haven't posted the pics lol lol.....

Comment

Mike did an awesome job on my Charvel mutt.

Comment

Can he paint logos on an un branded neck?
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

I say go for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                  Can he paint logos on an un branded neck?
                  If you mean can he put a "Charvel" or "Jackson" logo on a blank headstock? If that's what you mean, I know he won't.

Comment

I'm basically just sitting tight while I save up the $$$ for the graphic I want. I've had Dan Lawrence paint a guitar for me (technically two, but just one graphic) and was happy with his work, but I figure I'll give someone else a shot this time. I'm being very picky about what design I choose, because I've always felt that a guitar with black binding and inlays on a maple board should have something that makes the most of that color combination.

I originally was hoping that Jackson would make the Pile o' Skulls finish available for the DK2M, but now that I have a guitar to paint, I'd rather come up with something from scratch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                      This is a good read. Aside from a few silly comments you will see the magic unfold before your eyes.

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91580
                      Yep. That is mine. Mike painted exactly what I wanted and the price was very reasonable too.
                      -Rick

Comment

Working...
                      X