Reissues and YCE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reissues and YCE

What are the official "reissues" Not including those San Dimas I/II/III with the modified headstock?

I understand the Bullseye is a reissue

Also the "YCE" Guitars...

What were they, how many, and whose got pics to post?

Kev
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Re: Reissues and YCE

JCF YCE - the one, the only

http://www.autumn-frost.com/jcf01.html

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks Newc

That link should be what you get when you hit the JCF-YCE above. It is a shame their is but the one.

What about reissues, anyone know about them???

Comment

there were 25 made, not just the one. we had all the links workin, then we shifted to the new board, and well.... i guess other priorities prevailed. it's also kind of a sore spot, so that may have something to do with the delay...

sully
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by jsullysix:
          it's also kind of a sore spot, so that may have something to do with the delay...

sully
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Why's that sully? Just curious, I don't want to dig up anything.
          Dave->
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I know their was more than one of that issue, I did not know it was 25 though.

I was sorry for that being the only reissue.

How many Bullseye are their?

Comment

Sully, if you wanna use the stuff on my page for the YCE link to save time, go ahead.

Budman - The YCE is a sore spot because we were phukked out of the series by Donnie Wade's "decree" that we could no longer get "JCF xxx" serial numbers (as in "JCF01-21") because he said "J" serials were reserved for true custom shop models that were sold for true custom shop prices (we paid $1300+ for JCF01). Since we were getting them at USA Select prices, instead of the $2000+ for a Custom, DW didn't consider them Custom Shop models. Since the serialization had already been formatted with JCF01, any change would dilute the integrity of the series and besides was unacceptable by us, the buyers.

His idea was that we'd get USA Select serial numbers on the fretboard for JCF02 and then get "JCF02-xx" stamped/inked/stickered on the back of the heads.
              This was total [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] , of course, and none of us were willing to take that up the ass as DW hoped we would.
              Plus, there was a price increase (which was reasonable for a custom, IMO) but when that price was negotiated DW over-reacted and basically said to us that the customer will take what he is given and be happy abbout it.
              So much for customer service.
              The idea was dropped and the series ended.

That's also why it's such a pain in the ass to still have Donnie Wade over Jackson.
              He stopped the YCE series again when Fender took over, as all Jackson special editions must go through him for approval.

JCF02 was going to be a Robbin Crosby tribute Double Rhoads - Big Red - with Robbin's signature on the trem covers.
              Apparently DW thought so little of RC's contribution to Jackson's success (as in being such a high-profile artist during the 80's and therefore advertising Jackson guitars) that he decided to piss all over the man after he died, as well as his fans and paying Jackson customers.

I suppose Donny thinks that Randy Rhoads was the only high-profile player to use Jackson, even though he used his Les Paul and Sandoval Vs more than his Jacksons. He's completely ignored the players who came after Randy and did more with Jacksons than he did. I'm surprised there's a Scott Ian signature, and it's actually a total shock that Mustaine even had ONE, let alone TWO sig models (KV1 and Y2KV), given that Robbin Crosby had more popularity (i.e. videos, magazine articles, radio play) than Scott/Dave combined.

Newc

[ May 27, 2003, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Newc ]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Re: the Bullseye Reissue Charvels, there were only 30 made. Basically, these were shepherded by KMaynard, some others' assistance, and Lloyd at GuitarExpress, to create an authentic reissue of the 80s San Dimas-era Charvels.

They're absolutely killer guitars and, since the project was started by JCF members and most were bought by folks here, it's almost like it was an "unofficial" JCF-02 model.

GuitarExpress has only 4 left, and Jackson will no longer make custom series like these at USA Select pricing. The last of its breed, pricing-wise.

http://www.guitarxpress.com/cgibin/w...ml?p_prodid=25

Check our classifieds section, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                  I'm surprised there's a Scott Ian signature, and it's actually a total shock that Mustaine even had ONE, let alone TWO sig models (KV1 and Y2KV), given that Robbin Crosby had more popularity (i.e. videos, magazine articles, radio play) than Scott/Dave combined.

Newc
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'll have to respectfully disagree with you there, Newc. Ratt was big around 1983-1987. Megadeth started small in 1985 and grew in popularity all the way to the metal-scarce mid 90s. RIP, CTE, and Youthanasia were hugely influential albums, and MD were regularly nominated for Grammys. Recall also that Megadeth did quite a bit of movie soundtrack work. Anthrax was very popular from '84 or so through to the early 90's, culminating IMO with the Clash of the Titans Tour w/ MD & Slayer around 1990-91.
                  Love him or hate him, you have to concede that Dave Mustaine was at or near the top list of the most prolific, popular, influential, and loyal Jackson endorsee/users from 1987-2002.
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i think newc is speaking on more of a record selling basis. i think ratt's got 'deth beat on that one. just guessing in an educated manner, though.
                    Sully Guitars on Google+
                    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Well, from what I see, it's the collectors who canned the idea of JCF02 after not being able to get their special serial number. JCF-02-xxx on the back of the headstock wasn't good enough. *shrugs*

My question is, would JCF02 have happened if everyone agreed upon the JCF02 numbers were inked on the back of the headstock?

I don't see what the big fuss over what's stamped on the fretboard was really about.

Guess I should prolly shut my mouth now. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Robben Crosby IS the KING. Not Dave Mustaine. Now shut up already!
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe:

My question is, would JCF02 have happened if everyone agreed upon the JCF02 numbers were inked on the back of the headstock?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">sure, it would have....provided that we would have basically bent over and taken what was given to us. ....which was suggested. it was felt that the whole purpose of the series woulda been out the window, so it was gone. so yeah, one could argue that it boiled down to a serial number. to me, it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

curt shared somethin with me a few months ago, and in being away from it for a long enough time, i'd have to agree on this.... robbin didn't give a rusty rat's ass about serial numbers. again, it was the whole, not just the parts, but anyway... there ya go, imo, fwiw....

sully
                          Sully Guitars on Google+
                          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Thanks for the sincere reply. That's sad, I would have loved to have seen everyone get their Crosby.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

me too...in fact if any of you jcf 02 yce guys go ahead and order one from the c/s, i can get your plate for you. lemme know.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X