X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Student/San Dimas

Dang, do people hate Kahlers this much?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140327337574

Only one bid (it was mine). I tracked down the actual physical store (zero feedback) and am going to give em a call this morning to make sure they are "them" before paying, but I was kind of shocked to win this one. It appears solidly in the San Dimas range, 1984, and is in halfway decent shape.

Does the Kahler kill it that hard for people??

I would have thought 600 is about right - especially for a zero feedback. And yes, people do hate Kahlers that much - which makes for better pickin's for those who don't.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

I'd say it was the 0 more than the Kahler. There's plenty of Ebayers who can overlook the Kahler because it's an SD Student Rhoads.

Another factor is seller communication (lack of), and if they won't ship overseas.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was watching this one. You're lucky that I didn't have money. I don't like Kahlers very much, but I like them on 600$ SD RRs .

Congrats on a steal! Let us know how it sounds/plays when you get it .

Comment

Thanks I just got off the phone with the store, they're real- Guy said he knows it's going to hurt him, but his accountant told him that if he kept selling under his personal name rather than the business it was going to cause problems- I suggested he sell some picks or something first to get his feedback up

So I guess I'm good with what I paid for it- Always wanted a San Dimas, have NEVER OWNED a Rhoads, even though he's been my hero since I was a kid- Wanted to do it up right, get a RR1 first time around, but an SD era Rhoads, student or no, is an "acceptable" first Rhoads for me...

I think I did OK price wise, original case too (for whatever that's worth), hope she's a killer.

Comment

Cool . If you ever grow tired of it, I call first dibs .

Comment

Damn, that was a good pricer and only about a 45 minute drive from me to boot! For what its worth Vass, I happen to love Kahlers. So much so that I ordered my Custom Shop 24 fret Rhoads with one (its the one with Mystic paint and coiled Cobra inlays as some may recall)
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Wow! Nice score. I've been to that store - nice little family-owned shop, mostly pianos and organs. I'm surprised something like this would come into that shop.

Comment

Way to go! That is an awesome guitar. I bet it sounds dynamite!

Comment

killer guitar........ kahlers rock

Comment

wish this had a kahler

Comment

Nice score.I love the student series SD's and Kahlers.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah its a fucking amazing little guy, those student RR's, but the dot inlays throw me the fuck off, I mean come on, they make em neckthru, but their so cheap they cant give them toilet seat sharkies. Even the RR3 has those. for fuck sakes. (sorry I just wanted to use for fuck sakes in a sentence)
                          www.myspace.com/memnochband
                          www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

It's not cheap, and those dots are made out of MOP, not plastic like RR3s..

FYI, back in the day the difference between a Student and Custom model was 100$. Today on the used market it is alteast 500$.

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
                              Yeah its a fucking amazing little guy, those student RR's, but the dot inlays throw me the fuck off, I mean come on, they make em neckthru, but their so cheap they cant give them toilet seat sharkies. Even the RR3 has those. for fuck sakes. (sorry I just wanted to use for fuck sakes in a sentence)
                              Ive always wondered about the obsession with looks and guitars. Some guitars were ordered as players not posers. I actually prefer the dots because the fancy inlay feels plasticy/slippery on the fingers when you play.............

Comment

Working...
                              X