Y2KV and EMGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y2KV and EMGs

Ive got the stock pickups in there and am thinking of changing them for EMGs 81b/89n. Anyone have EMGs in their Y2KV? I have them in my rhoads and love them to death. Would they be too bassy? or give me a killer crunch and be super heavy. Thanks folks.

Re: Y2KV and EMGs

I don't have a Y2KV but I have EMG 81/85s in my Jackson Stealth, Lado Canadian Devil, Fender Bullet, and BC Rich Wartribe. They all sound killer and pretty consistent. If you like them in your Rhoads chances are you'll like them in your Y2KV.

Comment

thanks for the input. I just didnt know if anyone had bad experinces with EMGs and Y2KVs. I didnt kn ow if the guitar wood and all would change the tone of the EMGs. I love EMGs.

Comment

Well, sure, they're going to sound a bit different... but if you like EMGs, chances are you'll like them in there too.

Personally, I love my EMGs...
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I just didnt know if anyone has had bad experiences with EMGs in a Y2KV or if they sound great or whatever. I love EMGs. I think Ill put an 81 and an 89 in the Y2KV. Also I think EMGs even look cool.

Comment

I think only a few people on this board have Y2KVs, but not sure if they ever put EMGs in one. BTW, did you ever post pics of that here, or could you send me some? I would love to see that beauty! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Im hiding from all the Jackson board members cuz I never posted pics. All the ones I took of it sucked and Ive been really busy with school. Im sorry folks but Im out of school now and my friend is really good with a digital camera so Ill ask him if he can get some shots and put it on here for me. I love it. Ive only seen like one other in gun metal grey. Im sorry for not posting pics sooner but ill work on it

Comment

I also love EMGs. I just had a silver 25th anniversary 81 set put in my Hamer that's mahogany body, mahogany set-neck, 3/8" flame maple top. They sound awesome! The mahogany seems to take a little of the brightness off of the normal 81 sound. My poplar Dinky has the 85/60 combo and my Dinky Reverse (alder or polar, not too sure) has the 81/85 combo. They all sound great and will sound different from guitar to guitar. Any EMG will work great in any position. If you like a little brighter tone, get an 81. For a little warmer with more mids, get an 85 or 89. If you like bright and close to a single coil sound with the attack of a humbucker, go with a 60.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                X