Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ethics concerning OnlineStageGear.com... THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ethics concerning OnlineStageGear.com... THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

I don't think Ron has ever corrected any of my possible spelling or grammatical errors so far. The only person more anal about spelling and grammar than he is myself. Yes, "he", not "him". Proper grammar! [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] If not, then oh well, I've learned something new! The only real difference between us is that he'll make a public mockery of you, oftentimes accompanied by a rather amusing picture. Those are the best parts of his replies.

Well, here's another update. I told my parents about the price that the single Jackson dealer in town is offering. The salesperson I was talking to yesterday wasn't in today for me to discuss bartering and haggling, but he'll be in tomorrow. During my break at work tomorrow, I'll call him up and announce what Matt's offering to sell the SLATQH for. If he can't match it, I'll be ordering from OSG.

I actually talked to a different salesperson today. When I mentioned that I could get the guitar for much cheaper online, he said, "Maybe you should buy that online one... oh no, wait! Call back tomorrow to talk to your representative again." [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] He must have realized the error of his ways, thinking that the store could have almost lost a sale! The sad part is that they probably will when I buy from Matt! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

NOTP,

I live in Vancouver, and I've had lots of guitars shipped from the States. You will get charged a "brokerage" fee in addition to the actual shipping costs when your guitar arrives. This varies quite a bit, with USPS/Canada Post being the least expensive. UPS and Fedex are brutal for this.

In addition, you will get billed GST and PST when it arrives. This is based on the declared value of the guitar, so don't have anyone overstate the value for insurance reasons, because you end up paying for it.

As for the risk of shipping, I have never had a problem with breakage, as long as the guitar is packaged properly.

Good luck in your purchase. I personally won't buy from a large chain (ie. Long & McQuade) if I have an alternative, even though L&M has been VERY good to me. I, in fact, will pay a little more to support an independent dealer if I can.

Comment

If I ever buy a new guitar(as opposed to used guitars, which I buy and sell every month it seems), it will be from Matt. People who are dishonest are driven from this board in a matter of seconds. Hopefully someday Matt will get to take and order for my Custom Shop jobs, but that is still out of my price range. Matt agreed that you should quote his price to his competitors, and no one else's opinion on this board matters more on that subject. I am sure that Matt wants you to get the best deal, because in helping you find the best deal, he is just increasing his reputation around here as a fair businessman and a truly helpful person. Matt's main selling point is not his prices, which I have found to be the best anyways, but his integrity.

Comment

My prices help a little [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks guys! Here's another update. I got a hold of my salesperson and when he asked where I was quoted such a low price, I told him. They took my name and phone number, and they said they will call me back concerning the price.

Comment

Ruh roh!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] Claf?
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

There is only one reason I can see why they would want that info: THEY ARE GOING TO KILL BOTH YOU AND MATT!! Leave the house, QUICK!! These people HATE competition!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] You guys. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They must have lost my member file on their computer again. This is probably the third time I've had to give my info. I've been a regular customer of theirs for about two years now. Damn! Time to find a new store!

Comment

Hay Matt, I just went to your site and see you are in Syracuse. Do you do any upstate NY guitar shows? I have been doing them for years. I miss the Syracuse show.

Comment

Good Lord! I moved away from Syracuse where I grew up in '88 cause it was a dead black hole.
                        Now Matt has moved there and there were cool guitar shows after I leave!
                        I'm-a thinking conspiracy... [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

The people of Syracuse: "Chuck is gone, we can finally have fun!!! Break out the axes!!! Woohoo!"

Comment

Hey CL, where are the best places to see Jackson`s or USA Hamer`s near Cleveland? I deliver to Seaway Foods and Midland Foods in town and pickup in the Market District. Jack.

Comment

As of recently, nothing in cleveland thas them. The only place close, that really did was Guitar Center North Olmsted, and they have like 4-5 Import Jackons on the wall, and maybe one USA on occasion. Haven't been to GC or Sam Ash on Wilson Mills in a while. Pretty dismall the last little bit. If I make any sightings, I'll let you know.

The Market District? You mean like the West Side Market @ West 25th and Lorain/Carnegie? I live a couple blocks aways in the "Ohio City" Historical Ghetto.

Comment

Lorain/Carnegie!! That is where alot of Produce places are. I was watching at old COPS on T.V. and I saw a wild Car chase around those streets, where the Bad Guys hit a barrier at like over 70 MPH, it was great, I wish they would have all died, don`t nead scum like that, thank you Government for Welfare and Section 8 [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] sorry about the little political rant, couldn`t help myself [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X