Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ethics concerning OnlineStageGear.com... THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ethics concerning OnlineStageGear.com... THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!

You guys actually pay those fees when shipping things to Canada? I've never paid the fees. All you do is declare the package as a "family gift" and insure for actual value. I've received several guitars from Canada with "Hope you enjoy! Aunt Edna" type stuff written all over the box.

Comment

You tricker, you! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah that's what I usually do too Greg but some people won't send it as a gift.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Well, as predicted, the local guys cannot match Matt's price. Horray for everything. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

One final question, guys. It's about the warranty. I live in Canada, and since I'm ordering from the USA, and in the event that I find something wrong with the guitar which the warranty should cover, is the warranty valid in Canada as well as the USA? If I've got problems, I'd like to be able to take it down to my local Jackson retailer/repair-shop/whatever to fix it under warranty.

Thanks guys. We're moving ahead. I'm going to be giving Matt a nice phone call tomorrow to discuss some stuff. I guess I'm also going to go with UPS to deliver me the guitar in a shyt-brown metal truck and charge a ludicrous amount of money for the brokerage. I probably won't be home when it arrives (I work during the day), so could my mom sign for it?

I'm so relieved so far. My dad's been quite co-operative. *breathes sigh of relief*

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Crowe:
              You guys actually pay those fees when shipping things to Canada? I've never paid the fees. All you do is declare the package as a "family gift" and insure for actual value. I've received several guitars from Canada with "Hope you enjoy! Aunt Edna" type stuff written all over the box.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have an Aunt Edna... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Update: I've sent Matt an e-mail for him to order me my SLATQH. My parents turned out to be very co-operative.

Thanks to everyone who replied in this topic with support, advice, and suggestions! Looks like my parents have succumbed to the world of internet shopping! Carvin is my next step forward!

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest:
                  Carvin is my next step forward!
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">so glad to hear it went well with the Ps! but why go anywhere else (carvin) if matt gave you the hook up?

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Carvin [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Sully, I mentioned in a previous topic how I this summer I either planned to get a new Jackson, get a Carvin Cobalt acoustic, or get my buddy to build me a guitar, and I wanted to limit myself to just one for this year. So, it's going to be the Jackson this year and possibly an acoustic next year, and Carvin's Cobalt guitars seemed like fairly decent candidates for the price.

Sooooo, next summer, I may go with Carvin for an acoustic. and the only way I can get a hold of one is on their site since I have no Carvin stores around here. I mentioned that my parents had succumbed to internet purchases, so that means they probably trust the internet enough to order more guitars from the net! Yeah baby! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X