No announcement yet.

Need Advice: King V VS. Randy Rhoads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've owned many RRs and a King V. They all balanced about the same. The RR is a little easier to play sitting down in a "classical" position because of the shorter bottom wing.
    ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

I prefer the KV2 over the RR. The RR feels like it wants to fall away from my body when playing standing up. Also the speed neck profile and the tall thin frets of the KV2 feels nicer to me. The "Fatter" jumbo frets of the RR feel clunky. In reality, they are both great guitars and you would get used to either guitar quickly. If you prefer the neck and frets of the KV2, but don't want the Floyd you can get the KV2T (as suggested previously) or check and see if AK47 still has the Y2KV for sale - and at a great price!!!
      I currently have 2 KV2's, an RR1, a KV2T, and a Y2KV. You can't go wrong with any of them, but I like the Y2KV the best.

Comment

I have both KV's and RR's. I personally like the RR models better because I prefer the toggle to the blade. I also prefer the jumbo frets to the thinner frets on a KV. I feel more at home on a 22 fret guitar. (because I played Gibsons for years before getting into Jacksons and still play them regularly)

Last is aesthetics. I think the RR body kills visually in comparison to the KV.

No nose dive problems here either.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
          The RR feels like it wants to fall away from my body when playing standing up.
          I had that problem with the old Kelly XLR I had, but the RR doesn't fall away from my body or nose dive at all.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I say buy one of each from Guitar Center, figure out which one you like better, then return them both, get your money back, and contact a real Jackson dealer and get the guitar you like better.
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Crooks View Post
              I've owned many RRs and a King V. They all balanced about the same. The RR is a little easier to play sitting down in a "classical" position because of the shorter bottom wing.
              I also prefer the shorter wing when standing up. It seems to fit more comfortably inside my leg.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                For bolt-ons you've got the RR3, RX10D, JS30RR, KVX10, and JS30KV. No RRMG or KVMG, though. Odd. Gotta be the first model range in Jackson's history that didn't get the Rhoads. WTF?
                RR24 is listed in the MG section on Jackson's site, or was.

Comment

Working...
                X