Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying used (Jackson) guitars

Hello all!

I apologize for the rather naive question, but how you guys buy used guitars? Is there any check list you follow when you check the guitar? Besides the obvious (cracks, broken neck, etc.) what do you consider a deal-breaker?

Thanks

Deal breaker? Semen stains, definitley semen stains. Major deal breaker.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

There isn;t a checklist I follow. Although I always look down the neck to make sure it is straight. If it is then I play it. If it feels right to me, then I buy it. Thats how I ended up with (GASP!!!!!!!) an Ibanez VBT700.
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

If you're talking about buying 'remotely' i.e. from ebay or whatever, fret wear and trussrod function are the main questions for me. The rest you can tell from decent pictures and stuff like electronics are an easy fix...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
          Deal breaker? Semen stains, definitley semen stains. Major deal breaker.
          yeah defenatly check out for this its not cool at all! No but seriously just check out the condition of the guitar (paintjob,rust on hardware,worn up frets)and the price, ask around here whats the normal price of the used guitar you got an eye on and depending on the condition youll know if its a good deal or not.
          I wonder what it feels like to have money...

...ahhh fuck it guitars are better!

Comment

Prices can be negotiated but overall condition and originalty ie hardware pickups are a + to me.If the electronics are bad ask for a lower price that is an easy fix.
            If you find a nice guitar condition wise but the set up is way off thats an easy fix as well.
            I check the neck for any twists, look at the frets for wear.I can fix most any problem so i don't sweat the small stuff.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
            X