Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made In USA Jacksons?

Went to a little guitar expo today.
    A friend picked up a dinky style 4 digit neckplate with a Seattle Skyline graphic.

Jackson Floyd Rose (I think-it was a FR, not a JT6), metal cavity plates, reverse headstock, Ontario neckplate.

Anyhow, the dealers were giving flak that it can't be a USA because it didn't state "Made in USA" on the headstock.

I think it's an 84-86 or so, and they did not put "MIUSA" until then, or slightly after.

Set me straight.
    I thought the early Jacksons did not have that designation-it was assumed.

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
    A friend picked up a dinky style 4 digit neckplate with a Seattle Skyline graphic.

Jackson Floyd Rose (I think-it was a FR, not a JT6), metal cavity plates, reverse headstock, Ontario neckplate.

Anyhow, the dealers were giving flak that it can't be a USA because it didn't state "Made in USA" on the headstock.

I think it's an 84-86 or so, and they did not put "MIUSA" until then, or slightly after.

Set me straight.
    **I am NOT saying I am right, just what I think I remember.** Disclaimer
    But I think you are correct, based on what I read in that thread someone posted on the Different Logos over the ages.
    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

A lot of them made it through without the USA on there, most did, but alot did not, If the fretboard material is thick, as they were on the USA's id say it's legit, pics?
      METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I've seen one or two USA headstocks like that.

Comment

But why there's a Ontario neckplate if it is an 84-86 jackson?

Comment

^^86 would be exactly the transition period, essentially we´d have to see pics to say anything for certain because rout-style and other factors can also be used for ID

Comment

I'll bet 86-88'ish, or later.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post

Set me straight.
                Is it a true Ontario neck plate or an early Ontario era SD neck plate (1506-7303 serial)? Either way, not an 84-86 if it's an Ontario era plate.

There were more than a few USA's that left the shop without the "MADE IN U.S.A." on the headstock.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                  Is it a true Ontario neck plate or an early Ontario era SD neck plate (1506-7303 serial)? Either way, not an 84-86 if it's an Ontario era plate.

There were more than a few USA's that left the shop without the "MADE IN U.S.A." on the headstock.
                  I'll get back to you with the serial number.
                  Thank you Rick, and all.

The graphic is a very cool glow in the dark.

Comment

Didn't HippieTim own that one? Or was his a Soloist?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X