sounds..rr..strat..?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sounds..rr..strat..?????

so...........my friend thinks you cannot get the same melodic low sounds out of a randy rhoads that you can get out of a strat shaped guitar...help out with and answers on these two different shaped guitars..thanx

[ May 28, 2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Black_Label ]

Re: sounds..rr..strat..?????

Sure you can. Pick ups can make a huge difference. I don't think there's that much of a difference in the overall size of the body mass and shape shouldn't affect sound at all. My .02

Comment

Your friend is a moron. Shoot him and dump him in the river. Sorted.

Comment

I agree. I think that pickups make the biggest difference. Next would be the body/neck wood, followed by neck thru/bolt on. And I think that body size/shape would only have a minor effect. At least, that's what I think.

Comment

::in simpsons "comic shop guy" voice::

stupidest. friend. EV-errr.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

so........if you put the same pick-ups in a soloist and a rhoads they will sound the same exactly???.....the body style makes no difference at all is what you are saying.....

Comment

Pretty much the bottom line right there.

Comment

Theres minor differances between the tone of a RR and a Soloist. Each piece of wood has its own tone. If you have two identacle soloists and put the same pickups in each they will sound slightly different. The relative tones would be the same but there will be differant charactor to them. But you can get an RR to sound like Strat but why would you want to. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                Gil

Comment

True, Gil, but the shape of the body has no bearing at all on the sound of the guitar. Now, we could get all anal, and I'm sure someone will, about wood mass and proportions and vibrations, and all sorts of labratory truths, but two guitars will never sound identical no matter what they are shaped like.
                  Bottom Line: In the real world, shape has nothing to do with the the sound.

Comment

Your friend is an idiot who knows exactly d1ck about sound.

Lemme guess, he's either over 40 and plays ONLY Strats or he's under 25 and plays an Ibanez [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And just what does he mean "melodic low sounds"?? D is D no matter which guitar it is.

Newc
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I was talking to edroman and he said the jackson rr and the soloist are almost the same guitar, and if you use the same pick-ups it will still have a minor difference in sound that most people can't hear. It won't be the same sound, but very close. A strat shaped guitar always has a certain sound to it. - Thats what he said

But I do have one question, I know that the neck thru guitars help with sustain but do they make a big difference in the sound?

Comment

I think u can get the same sound, provided that they have the same pickups, and amp. But you'd have to tweek the amp a lil bit when plugging in the RR to get the strat sound.

I guess you could do it with the regular pickups in their assigned guitars. Again, you'd probably have to adjust the amp when you plug in the next one to get it to sound the same as the other.

This thread kinda reminds me of the guy at school who refused to beleive string guages*sp* would change the sound at all.

Comment

Well, a quality guitar shape of one kind is going to sound like a quality guitar shape of another kind. But to say that body style/shape doesn't matter is flat out wrong. When my band played a "Battle of the Bands" contest another group had a guitarist with a FORK shaped guitar. It had something to do with their name, but his guitar was cut into the shape of a fork, like the eating utensil. And it sounded like a$$. I dig a pair of EMG-89's in a Rhoads, you get all the classic hard humbucking tones but for cleans you can get some great "strat sparkle and quack."
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by megashredder:
                            I was talking to edroman and he said the jackson rr and the soloist are almost the same guitar, and if you use the same pick-ups it will still have a minor difference in sound that most people can't hear. It won't be the same sound, but very close. A strat shaped guitar always has a certain sound to it. - Thats what he said

But I do have one question, I know that the neck thru guitars help with sustain but do they make a big difference in the sound?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">First mistake: Listening to edroman. Don't do that... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

With slight variations of body mass and wood tonalities, the pickups and the amp the major defining elements of tone.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

So.......if it is NECK THRU or a BOLT-ON make a big difference in sound then?

Comment

Working...
                              X