sounds..rr..strat..?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: sounds..rr..strat..?????

there are a lot of factors that make the sond of a guitar the way it sounds.

and yes EMGs give you a real flat respose but they get close to the same sound in different guitars.

the thing is let's say SD JB,
    it will sound like crap in one guitar but like tone haven in another with EMGs it is real hard to find a guitar they will not sound good in.

but again there are alot of factors that make up the sound you hear.
    Amp+Strings+Picks+Cords+Fingers+Pedals

and also every one hears things different then someone else.

Enuff Said

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
      [QB] If you use EMGs you can stick then in a 2x4 and it will sound the same as a Leas Paul.
      QUOTE]

I disagree. I've put EMG 81's in lots of different guitars, and they all sound different.

IMO guitar tone comes from how many points a guitar body has. The more points it has, the scarier it looks, the more people are scared of it. The more scared they are, the more they hide from it. The more they hide, the more the stuff that they use to shield themselves from your rig, and that affects the tone. Hence, if your hiding behind a wooden fence from a guy with a pointy guitar, that wooden fence will suck out most of the highs, thereby giving you a bassier tone. So, in conclusion, if you want to play downtuned music, or just have people percieve a lot of low end in your tone, simply play a pointy guitar.
      [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Ace

Joe - Was that "MAck The Fork"?? Good Lord, I read an article YEEEARS ago in GW where the writer was discussing how body shape affects tone, and he said he knew of a band (or was IN a band) called Mack the Fork, and the guitarist had a fork-shaped guitar! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I eat paste. What effect will that have on my tone?
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Newc, that sounds like them! Was the writer of the article Tom Wheeler? Pretty cool looking axe, but sounded like two cats phucking...
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
            X