So, I want to "build" a Jackson Strathead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, I want to "build" a Jackson Strathead

And I say "build" because what I basically want to do is buy the parts...loaded body with the Floyd and pickups, and a Jackson neck and just bolt it all together. I am looking for a loaded body because I have NO idea how to wire a guitar (although I know if I asked, you guys would be happy to help).

I am wondering what body/neck combos go together and if finding an actual Jackson strathead neck will be hard to do? I am thinking I want to keep this 100% Jackson (or Charvel, but I already have a Charvie and thought adding a Jackson to my "collection" would be fun), so want to stay away from aftermarket necks, etc, if at all possible.

Also, since I am not really a guitarist, I am looking at keeping this project as cheap as possible, but wanting good components so a real guitarist could appreciate it as well.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Mark

Well that knocks out a real Jackson strat head neck they go for about $600.00.if you can find one
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

That's what I was afraid of...and I know the newer Charvel strahead stuff aint cheap either.

Comment

They part out SoCals all day long on ebay grab one of those necks they are really great necks.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X