No announcement yet.

Is Guitar Center phasing out Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same deal here at our Long & McQuade store. I was nosing around last week, and there was only one Jackson one the rack. A whole row of Charvels thought .

Comment

Originally posted by DX10 View Post
      A whole row of Charvels thought .
      They thought WHAT?

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

So what if GC is phasing out Jackson? Who needs Jackson anyway?
        Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
        Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by DX10 View Post
          Same deal here at our Long & McQuade store. I was nosing around last week, and there was only one Jackson one the rack. A whole row of Charvels thought .
          Mine has a ton. Probably 15 or so with more stored in the back because there isn't enough space. I was really ticked because there was one I wanted to buy at Christmas but didn't have the money, went back in February and it was gone, and then went back after I had bought a different guitar and it was back. They have to rotate stock at mine. We, however, have no Charvels.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by Dred View Post
            So what if GC is phasing out Jackson? Who needs Jackson anyway?
            Gabibbl-wha???
            "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Don't know anything about that, but I'm going to buy my new Jackson SL1 at guitar center. I hope everything can be fine

Comment

My GC has a few DK2M guitars for $399 and that's about it. They have a few used ones, but that doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
                  My GC has a few DK2M guitars for $399 and that's about it. They have a few used ones, but that doesn't count.
                  If you're interested, I'd ask them if they can do better on the price, and maybe mention you know GC is clearing out last year's models. That's what I did and they dropped the price by 100.00.
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

My GC has a red DK2M for $399. I played it a bit the other day to try out the Vypyr amps with. It's out of tune (not surprising for GC), and the pickup selector switch is bent. Who knows what else is wrong with it.
                    Scott

Comment

my GC had one Dinky left and the lock nut was missing. and they did not lower the price. cheap bastards.
                      Marshall 100 watt full stack mg100
                      Peavy 6505+ Half stack
                      Raven rg20 combo amp
                      Jackson Dxmg
                      Jackson RR24
                      BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        I've done fairly well with GC as far as used guitars go. I picked up a black pointy 1hum Charvel with Floyd Rose in pretty much new condition, Jack Frost's purple custom shop Kelly in the same condition, and are you ready for the kicker?----> an original Rhoads LTD over the years. So I'm not complaining about GC as the prices I got these for were pretty reasonable after a little haggling. For new, once again I say check our sponsoring dealers. Or, if you don't mind the E-Bay route I've done that as well with both new and used Jacksons and got good deals.
                        What guitar center in Ohio do you go to?!
                        As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Originally posted by Leftyzrule580 View Post
                          What guitar center in Ohio do you go to?!
                          The one in Boardman, Ohio is local to me and thats where I picked up the black pointy Charvel. Occassionally I'll take a road trip to Cleveland and check out the GC in Mayfield as well as the one closer to the airport, I forget the name of the location. I got the Rhoads LTD and the CS Kelly previously owned by Jack Frost from the Cleveland stores.
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Alrite now there is only 1 jackson at my GC and its a rr3
                            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

GC in Salt Lake City just got the first USA I've ever seen here.

They also still have the used RR5 they are claiming is an RR1.

Comment

Originally posted by thebigz View Post
                                GC in Salt Lake City just got the first USA I've ever seen here.

They also still have the used RR5 they are claiming is an RR1.
                                thats hilerious ours has a charvel model 4 and they claim its a custom built charvel
                                "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                                Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Working...
                                X