Is Guitar Center phasing out Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Guitar Center phasing out Jackson?

My local GC currently has maybe two new Jacksons in the entire store. On Friday, I drove down to the GC in Chattanooga. They had exactly two new ones, one of which I bought.

Has anyone heard any rumors concerning this or is it coincidence?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

I just heard of someone buying every new Jackson that GC here in Dallas had. Sounded like they got a 1/2 dozen or so USA Selects in and one guy bought everyone of them. This was in the last few months. Another GC just got in a few Custom Shops a few months back as well. I just don't think they make enough to go around.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napalm View Post
      I just heard of someone buying every new Jackson that GC here in Dallas had. Sounded like they got a 1/2 dozen or so USA Selects in and one guy bought everyone of them. This was in the last few months. Another GC just got in a few Custom Shops a few months back as well. I just don't think they make enough to go around.
      The funny thing is, though, the GC here in Knoxville never had any of the higher-end stuff in the store, or at least not as far as I know. I bought a used SL2H there, but most of what I've seen new in there was either a DX, DK, or MG Series. They're down to pretty much nothing in Jacksons right now.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yup, Ive noticed this as well, no Jacksons in my GC either, and very few in Sam Ash a few doors down. Dont know whats up, but how Jackson expect to sell guitars if no stores carry them? I just dont understand it.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

My GC has quite a few Jackson DK2M's and some MG's,DX's.
          They do have 1 USA RR that was traded in its metallic blue with black hardware.
          U0 something its a newer one.Pearl logo too.
          Its a nice guitar and its $999 no case.I was trying to trade them out of it but the mgr was being a real dick.I offered cash first $800.00 and all I got was well we have that much in it.(yeah right).
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I haven't been to my GC for about a month, but they don't even have any USA Jackson's.
            Gibson SG Standard
            Jackson DK2M Dinky
            Silvertone S615 Acoustic from the 60's
            Roland Micro Cube
            Marshall MG100DFX

Comment

No USA models at GCs near me, a small handful of import Rhoads, DK2s, etc. I think they are waiting to move that Stevie Ray Vaughn custom relic strat before stocking another high end guitar.

They still sell USAs online though.

I wouldn't necessarily walk in to GC to buy a USA Jackson that has been manhandled by everyone wanting to show off the intro to Crazy Train.

Majority is Gibson, Epiphone, Fender and PRS. Not much room for many other brands to hang on the wall. Mix in some Schecters, LTDs now, a couple Jacksons, etc.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

I've never seen USA Jacksons in any Guitar Center. They usually have 3-4 RR3/RX10D guitars, and a couple DK2Ms.

The real question is if they're phasing out Ibanez? I see fewer and fewer at my local store. It seems to be all Fender/Gibson/Dean/Laguna now. Do you really need 40 different Strats hanging on the wall?
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                  Do you really need 40 different Strats hanging on the wall?
                  What are these different strats you speak of? All the bloody same to me. :ROTF:
                  Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                  Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

We have 2 GC's locally and the only USA Jacksons I've seen in the store have been used.

Same deal as others described, maybe a JS or two (V's) and a DK2 in the store.

Sam Ash around the corner, I think at one time did have 1 USA Soloist, one "Sam Ash" import SL2H arch top, and a couple of SL3's. These have since sold and they have maybe 1 or 2 Jacksons in the entire store and they're all low-end stuff.

It's slim pickin's at the store if you're looking for USA Jacksons around here, period.

Comment

With Jackson's recent price hikes and GC now stocking ESPs, I'd be willing to bet that Jackson's be harder to find in store. My guess is that the cheaper guitars, which LTD has a ton of, are easier to move in higher numbers, making GC more money.
                      Your friendly neighborhood import whore :: '08 DK2M, '08 DKMG, '03 KVX10, '94 Dinky Rev.

Comment

Same goes for GC in Orlando.
                        A huge wall of strats,PRS & Luguna....a sliver containing BC Rich, LTD, & Jackson & Ibanez...mostly low end or beat up older stuff.
                        you walk in the front entry and are met by an army of about 50
                        lugunas!
                        Sam Ash has better selection but not much more in the way of Jacksons.

It sucks that I got to drive all the way over and still can't try any of the nicer stuff I hear about on here.

Comment

Mine has a few imports, one of those new weird "SPECIAL" js series rhoads with the red bevels, and a used rr1 and a usa stock soloist. Thats about a one hour drive t edina, but we have two local stores that sell jacksons, one has like only two, but the other has 8 or 9. And i have never been to this one, but about an hour away is Daves Guitar Shop, which has a WHOLE mess of customs. Almost ALL of what they have is Gibson and PRS customs. I also think they have some usa jacksons fenders and a few ibanez's. I really want to go there!
                          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

The moral of the story: Shop at your local independent Jackson dealer!
                            Endorsing Artist:
                            ESP Basses
                            Mesa Boogie Amplification
                            EMG Pickups
                            D'Addario Strings
                            Pedaltrain Pedalboards
                            Couch Straps
                            InTune Picks

www.landminemarathon.com

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              My GC has quite a few Jackson DK2M's and some MG's,DX's.
                              They do have 1 USA RR that was traded in its metallic blue with black hardware.
                              U0 something its a newer one.Pearl logo too.
                              Its a nice guitar and its $999 no case.I was trying to trade them out of it but the mgr was being a real dick.I offered cash first $800.00 and all I got was well we have that much in it.(yeah right).
                              Exact same at my GC. They had an import RR Pro for $999. Smoking crack I guess, but it's gone - suckers are born every day. My last visit they had a Roland 20x Cube for $80. Very good price. I offered $60 OTD, no deal. I'm sure someone else picked it up.

I've done quite a bit of business with the Nashville GC a few times. Bought a used DXMG in mint condition for $250, but took it back. It was very nice but I have too many guitars.

Also bought my 1988 ESP Horizon there, and a couple of amps and some other stuff. Some GC's have good prices and the shit moves. Other's don't.

Comment

Working...
                              X