No announcement yet.

Is Guitar Center phasing out Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the GC close to where I live has zero jacksons. They had a fall full of Fenders and Deans, but no Jacksons.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

While visitng the great north west this week, I went to GC in Seattle to see what they had in stock. For jacksons, there were a couple of DXMG's, One DKMG, One Kelly, and a couple of RR's. (one used USA RR) They also had one DK2M in white I had my eye on. While playing it, I noticed the body was really beat up, missing paint and few deep gouges, the headstock was missing a small piece of the binding, and there was a dent in the side of the neck. It was priced for their July 4th sale at 487.00. I mentioned to one of the salesman that it was pretty beat up and wondered if a better price could be had. He went away for a few minutes then came back and said 350.00 was the best they could do because that is what they paid for it. I ended up leaving without it.

That being said, if 350.00 is what they pay, and they're selling them for 699.00+, you'd think they could keep them moving and make some profit.

I'm curious what they pay for USA models, if they stocked them.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
        They also had one DK2M in white I had my eye on. While playing it, I noticed the body was really beat up, missing paint and few deep gouges, the headstock was missing a small piece of the binding, and there was a dent in the side of the neck. It was priced for their July 4th sale at 487.00. I mentioned to one of the salesman that it was pretty beat up and wondered if a better price could be had. He went away for a few minutes then came back and said 350.00 was the best they could do because that is what they paid for it. I ended up leaving without it.
        I bought my brand new DK2M in Inferno Red on Friday for $299.00 and it's cherry. This was in the Chattanooga GC. Of course, I read somewhere that they were blowing out the red ones, so who knows?
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
          I bought my brand new DK2M in Inferno Red on Friday for $299.00 and it's cherry. This was in the Chattanooga GC. Of course, I read somewhere that they were blowing out the red ones, so who knows?

Which is why I didn't pull the trigger. I'd much rather have a red, but they're difficult to find. I'm going to go to a couple of GC's around home when I return on friday.
          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

A brand new, mint DK2M for $299 at GC?!

I have heard of deals like this before, but have never seen them. Is this for real????

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
              A brand new, mint DK2M for $299 at GC?!

I have heard of deals like this before, but have never seen them. Is this for real????
              Yes, I bought it Friday at the Chattanooga GC for $299.99. They had another one somewhere for $400.00+, but I never saw it.
              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

For the '08 models, yeah.

Comment

There's a brand new USA Rhoads at the Arlington GC for 1200 on clearance

Comment

If anyone knows of a DKM2 for $299 in a store near you, please let me know and I can pay you for your trouble.

Guess I will call the four stores in my area tomorrow.

Comment

My guitar center has like 4 js jacksons, 2 rr3s, a dk2, and some sort of import charvel. I have seen to USA snakekin charvels in there before both used. They had a used kv2 coming in but I snagged it before it even went on shelves got it in perfect condition for 1 grand. My guitar center has way too many gibsons and fenders not too many deans wich ain't a bad thing, 7 ltds, and prolly like 15 ibanezs including a jem and one of those new all blue ones. Oh ya and it has like ten shitty bc rich starter guitars
                      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
                        If anyone knows of a DKM2 for $299 in a store near you, please let me know and I can pay you for your trouble.
                        Same here!

Comment

my local GC is totally clueless when it comes to Jacksons lol. They have a handful of the cheaper imports, and few times when I've brought in my USA Jacksons to try out an amp or something they say things like "wow, thats the first time I've ever seen a US jackson in person". Kind of sad really haha. Overall though, I don't think there is any conspiracy to phase out Jackson. In the end it comes down to business for them, and although lots of hard rock and metal players, myself included, will be looking for the Jacksons or ESPs, the "average joe" will likely be looking for that Fender or Gibson. Guitar Center is mainly around to satisfy that "average joe", sad but true
                          My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

In L.A. the only GC to have USA Jacksons is the Hollywood store. It's been a while, but I think they had six or seven. They had one white kelly, some soloists a couple RR's and I think one or two KV's. The other locations I've been to have a few imports. Sam Ash Hollywood had no USA's and I don't remember seeing any in Torrance either.

As for the manhandled part, I'm not a huge GC fan, but the USA's in Hollywood have always been hung out of reach. When I went to check out a kelly, I was asked if I was wearing a belt and told to get rid of anything that might scratch the guitar. It was as pristine as the guitar I got straight from Jackson.

Comment

No DK2Ms here in MN, let alone any for $299.

Bummer

Comment

A couple of months ago, the Sam Ash in Hollywood had a new polar white Charvel SD1, which really surprised me. I rarely see USA Jacksons in GC.
                                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Working...
                                X