No announcement yet.

Is Guitar Center phasing out Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm frankly quite surprised that they don't keep a couple of signature models in stock, rather than the same tired selection of RR3s and JS20s. Maybe a COW6 and/or 7, a Dominion, Matt Tuck RR or whatever. I also think they're crazy for stocking so many Lagunas. Laguna is just the latest incarnation of the Brawley brand that was exclusive to Mars Music years ago, and I just don't hear/read ANY buzz about them. Is GC really selling very many of them?

I got the last `08 DK2M, a black one that was mint except for a missing locking nut clamp and knobs, for $399. I prefer not to buy from GC, but they've driven almost all of the other local J/C dealers out of business already.
    sigpic

Comment

none in st louis

Comment

Mine has actually grown in terms of Jacksons. There was atleast 6 the last time I went there, up from about 2 four months ago. There may be more higher on the wall that I never notice.

Comment

Guitar Center just sucks....that's the only reason they don't ever have Jacksons.

Since the Guitar Center in Langhorne PA openned they've gotten to know me well as the guitarist from Jekylls Hyde who only comes in to bitch that they have nothing I would buy on their new guitar racks. LOL It's true, the greeters hide behind the counter when they see me coming. There are never any new USA Jacksons there. Only twice can I remember them having any....once a black sl1 and another time a blue PC1. Of course both were ticketed with the list price (not even MAP) and they weren't willing to bend at all. In fact, when I was trying out the PC1 the douchebag salesman who has seen my band many times tried to be all buddy buddy with me and was pushing the Petrucci Music Man on me saying how much better a guitar it was for me and how I'd like it MUCH better (of course it was $300 more....) Needless to say I tried it for like 30 seconds and HATED it....but in that time the little prick walk away and put the PC1 back on the wall. So I got up and took the PC1 back down and put the Petrucci in it's spot....at this point the douche runs over and says "what are you doing, I told you the Music Man is a much better guitar for you"

Infuriated I told him that pushy little self rightous opinionated pricks like him and the fact that Guitar Center doesn't cater to working musicians who want something other than low to mid level imports, of million dollar Fenders/Gibsons/PRS etc..... THAT'S Why I shop online! and walked out.....as usual.

Honestly, the independant dealers are usually the best. Russo's Music Center on Arena Drive in Hamilton (just outside Trenton) New Jersey, always has at least a few USA Jacksons as well as a good supply of the higher end Imports.

Guitar Center is no better than Best Buy.
          Last edited by VoiceX3; 07-08-2009, 04:00 PM.
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

The three GCs here in the Washington D.C. area all usually have a few Jacksons in stock, with the only new USA guitar *always* being a black SL2H. The Fairfax store recently had a used Shannon Soloist, but it had a badly gouged fret and I declined to take on such a project. Somebody else nabbed it pretty quickly.

What I've noticed is that all three stores' Jackson inventory fluctuates wildly. I think what happens is that they don't get immediate replacements for the Jacksons they sell, whereas they are so flooded with Mexi-Fenders and Epiphones that you'd never notice the inventory rollover.

BTW, none of the three area stores have had more than two or three new ESP LTDs in stock when I've visited, and none has had a single new real ESP in stock yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkThomas View Post
              No DK2Ms here in MN, let alone any for $299.

Bummer
              Where in MN? I live in MN as well. There is a white one in a local store.
              I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                Yes, I bought it Friday at the Chattanooga GC for $299.99.
                So I just arrived back in CA this morning and stopped off at GC in Gilroy on my way home. They had a few Jacksons, (no USA) including two DK2M's: one white for 699.00 and one Inferno red for 399.00. I played the IR for a bit, then asked them if there was some leeway on the price. I also informed the salesman that I knew GC was closing out the 2008 models. He left for a minute and came back with a 299.00 price. It is in mint condition, even set up pretty well.
                Last edited by stevoc; 07-11-2009, 11:05 PM.
                "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

GC not having a lot of Jacksons is not entirely their own doing from what I understand. A few years ago at NAMM I asked Jackson why GC has little to no USA Jacksons no matter where around the country I went. They told me GC buys guitars in large quantities and Jackson could not supply them with that many and still keep the quality that we have come to expect from a USA Jackson. I say, good job Jackson, do not sacrifice quality for quantity. Besides, just go buy your Jacksons off our sponsoring dealers here on JCF, they usually have better pricing anyway. Plus their service if something should go wrong is better! Not bashing GC as my local GC has some nice people working there and I do get fairly good deals on used gear from them as well as other brands. I've dealt with Matt's Music as well as OnlineStageGear and heard nothing but good about Nick at Piney Hills. Get'em from there
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by mattmarathon View Post
                    The moral of the story: Shop at your local independent Jackson dealer!
                    + 1 shop your local independent dealer

Comment

Originally posted by streetbob View Post
                      + 1 shop your local independent dealer

My local independent dealer is selling the same guitar for 899.00 with no budging on the price. In this case, GC is a much better choice if you want to save some money.
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                        So I just arrived back in CA this morning and stopped off at GC in Gilroy on my way home. They had a few Jacksons, (no USA) including two DK2M's: one white for 699.00 and one Inferno red for 399.00. I played the IR for a bit, then asked them if there was some leeway on the price. I also informed the salesman that I knew GC was closing out the 2008 models. He left for a minute and came back with a 299.00 price. It is in mint condition, even set up pretty well.
                        You left one part out... did you buy it or not?

Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Yeah GC pretty much sucks, in terms of anything. At the three around me I've seen a total of 3 USA Jackson's, a new SL2 for $2000 (great guitar, out of my price rage) and two used RR1's (blue, pearl white) for over a grand. And, I got my DK2M in I think October of 07' (in prestine and in black) and it was on steep discount at $240. Got them to go $200, and the dumb asses took the trade in for my DXMG for $200! Needless to say got a DK2M for free! Just paid $30 for locking nuts and a pack of Erine Ball slinkys.
                          Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

I was at one of the GC's in Las Vegas yesterday and they didn't have a single Jackson, new or used.
                            Good deals with:
                            Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

I've done fairly well with GC as far as used guitars go. I picked up a black pointy 1hum Charvel with Floyd Rose in pretty much new condition, Jack Frost's purple custom shop Kelly in the same condition, and are you ready for the kicker?----> an original Rhoads LTD over the years. So I'm not complaining about GC as the prices I got these for were pretty reasonable after a little haggling. For new, once again I say check our sponsoring dealers. Or, if you don't mind the E-Bay route I've done that as well with both new and used Jacksons and got good deals.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                                You left one part out... did you buy it or not?

Yep!

Comment

Working...
                                X