No announcement yet.

Is Guitar Center phasing out Jackson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GC here in Phoenix has quite a few... They come and go quick though.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
      The one in Boardman, Ohio is local to me and thats where I picked up the black pointy Charvel. Occassionally I'll take a road trip to Cleveland and check out the GC in Mayfield as well as the one closer to the airport, I forget the name of the location. I got the Rhoads LTD and the CS Kelly previously owned by Jack Frost from the Cleveland stores.
      I go to Boardman all the time and all I ever see are used DKMGs or the cheap String-through Kellies. I haven't been to Cleveland in forever.
      As far as I'm concerned he can stay with Dean and play his dots+fins KV copies, and whatever that aborted fetus he "designed". More like "I saw it in my puke". -Newc

Tung Oil is for guitar necks. Tongue Oil is a by-product of cunninglus. -Metalchurch79

Comment

Originally posted by Leftyzrule580 View Post
        I go to Boardman all the time and all I ever see are used DKMGs or the cheap String-through Kellies. I haven't been to Cleveland in forever.
        The ones in Cleveland tend to get a bit more used Jacksons in on trade in I think. I never really find much of them at the Boardman store either. They did however have a nice used PC1 used a few months ago which I thought someone here bought, not sure. My USA pointy Charvel came from there used.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I went to my local Guitar mart (Maple Grove MN) tonight after reading this thread and did a look around there was prolly 5 or 6 lower line Dinkies and Rhoads V's and all the Dinkies had EMG's in them all of them a nice color of trans red but the Rhoads' were the low line model for sure 2 w/Floyds ! w/tune-o-matic. Not a single USA model but there is another music store up the road that has just a few Jacksons and they are all USA models. While at Guitar Mart I asked one of the guitar guys why they didn't have many Jackson choices and he replied that they don't send them out to us all that often and that maybe they're coming out with new models. If your in the market for a Fender, Schecter, Laguna, Epiphone or Ibanez they have a ton of their lower line stuff. I think Jackson does have better things to do than set GM up with high end guitars that will get handled by anyone wanting to play with it. Mom and Pop stores may cost a little higher on price but they will go the extra mile for you when ever there is a problem, they will be the ones who know more about there products then the "trained" sales staff at GM. Which I have 2 friends that worked for them a short time and got their super training it was laughable at best. Plus they won't try to sell you something they could care less if you won't be happy with just to pad their commision, I feel sorry for those guys but we all have to have a job.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I go to the GC store in Highland Park, IL regularly. Last time i was there, there was One DK2M in Black, and no other Jackson in sight. The guys know me there and they all know I'm a Jackson man, yet they start pushing those "Laguna" guitars telling me how great they are (WRONG). The only thing is really buy from them are Strings and an occasional effect pedal. The last guitar I bought from them was a White DK2M that they priced wrong at $299 (Way back in early 2007) and they had to honor the price. I did find a decent Jackson store called "The Chop Shoppe" in Evanston, IL (Where I got my new DK2M in Eerie Dess Swirl.) No USA stuff there, but loads of high end Improrts and the Charvel Batch Series in every color. The only place in the Chicago area that carries tons of USA Jacksons is The Music Gallery in Highland Park.
            http://www.facebook.com/djloverboy

Comment

Working...
            X