No announcement yet.

What a load of Bull! (Music Store Rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a load of Bull! (Music Store Rant)

So quite a while ago I went to my local music room, it's a Instrument company that have multiple stores here in the UK, I was looking at Jacksons in there ages ago and said that I liked it and would think about it.

I come back after a while owning my first and only Jackson a JS30RR and to see there is no Jacksons hung up on the wall, only to see 20 Ibanezs and a Fender

I ask what happened with the Jacksons and why were they taken away

TO GET THE RESPONSE
    "At this store we personally don't like the look of them so we decided to do away with them"

At this moment I was infuriated, I wanted to rant at the manager and actually point out what buyers want, they want a selection of brands and Shapes they like and not Shapes that the stored liked, with a biast opinion against most other brands apart from Ibanez

I knew there was no point in this as the idiot lies alot, the funny thing is when I first tested a Jackson there I fell in love with the feel and the sound and he himself said that he also liked the shape, I just went other to the tab books to find out they only have mainstream Rock, pop, Metal, Punk and Alt, as my favourite band is Bullet for My Valentine I was also infuriated at this, being that I had been looking for a BFMV Tab Book for ages, they didn't even have Mainstream Sub Genres EG: Metalcore, just the Genres everybody knew about

I decided that I never wanted to go there again unless I was looking for an amp, seeming as this shop didn't have anything else different from my local independant dealer music factory apart from amps

Please tell me what you think of this, as I think it is outrageous to run a store by the way it looks and not by the quality of the Guitar

Thanks for listening!
    ~Mazz~
    Gear

Jackson DXMG
    Jackson JS30RR
    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
    Blackstar HT5H
    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
    Marshall JCM 800 2203
    Marshall 1960A Cab

If he's really deciding on what to carry based how he likes the looks of the guitars, he must be an idiot. If I owned my own business, I'd stock whatever people want to buy.

Probably whoever you talked to was just saying something stupid.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

That response is surprising. The good thing is that there are plenty of other music stores to go to.
      Scott

Comment

My local music store (from where I take lessons) only has Ibanez, Fender/Squire, and Gibson's as well. They don't get anything else unless it's used. The owner always gives me the dirties looks when I bring in my Rhoads because I didn't buy it there (even though I bought it used), but hey it isn't my fault he doesn't stock up on them.

Also another music store we have only has 3 JS' and 2 USA selects, that have been there for over 2 years because they're way to overpriced.

Comment

Their choice.
          Your choice to not give them any money.

Makes me glad for the internet.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Most stores are locked into dealership agreements. Just because they carry one FMIC product doesn't mean they will carry them all. As far as TABS and accessories its based on sales. When you have only a handful of customers wanting something they usually lose out on variety and selection of guitars and accessories. The reason there is limited availability of certain guitars in certain areas is due to poor sales. Not all guitars sell well in all areas. If most of the area is into country music there will be mostly Strats, Teles, Hollow bodies..
            If its a rock n roll area then there will be more Gibson and more bucker styles.
            I hear every day why don't I carry something or another that only one customer would buy. It's pointless to carry something in hopes that the one person that wants one will walk through the door with CASH IN HAND and buy it. I've offered numerous times to order things with a deposit and the response is usually the same.. I really don't have any money..
            Its simple economics.. its hard to eat a guitar on the wall when you're trying to earn the money for groceries.

Comment

Thing is no one ever buys guitars there anyway
              Gear

Jackson DXMG
              Jackson JS30RR
              Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
              Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
              Blackstar HT5H
              Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
              Marshall JCM 800 2203
              Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Mazz View Post
                Thing is no one ever buys guitars there anyway
                then how do they stay in business?

You said you were there "quite a while ago" and "ages ago". You returned "after a while" to see all the Jackson were gone. Are you really at the store frequently enough to gauge how many guitars they are actually turning over?

You know, if you had actually bought the Jackson that you liked and wanted to think about, they may still carry Jacksons. Stocking guitars that folks like the look of but only want to go home to think about purchasing isn't going to feed their kids.

And you were infuriated because they didn't stock a particular tab book? Please.....
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                  Their choice.
                  Your choice to not give them any money.

Makes me glad for the internet.
                  My thought also.
                  Something about some of these Brits.
                  They act like the store is there to cater to their dreams.

Open your own store!

Capitalism, folks.
                  If I don't like the store, I (and many others) go elsewhere.
                  I know I can't change the way the store is stocked, so I don't even worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                    then how do they stay in business?

You said you were there "quite a while ago" and "ages ago". You returned "after a while" to see all the Jackson were gone. Are you really at the store frequently enough to gauge how many guitars they are actually turning over?

You know, if you had actually bought the Jackson that you liked and wanted to think about, they may still carry Jacksons. Stocking guitars that folks like the look of but only want to go home to think about purchasing isn't going to feed their kids.

And you were infuriated because they didn't stock a particular tab book? Please.....
                    No, It was not because a particular tab book, they only sold Tab Books about Mainstream Metal like Metallica and Maiden and Mainstream rock like Greenday bands that people would have heard of even if they didn't like the Genres

and they stay in business because they sell drums amps and other instruments.
                    Gear

Jackson DXMG
                    Jackson JS30RR
                    Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                    Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                    Blackstar HT5H
                    Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                    Marshall JCM 800 2203
                    Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                      My thought also.
                      Something about some of these Brits.
                      They act like the store is there to cater to their dreams.

Open your own store!

Capitalism, folks.
                      If I don't like the store, I (and many others) go elsewhere.
                      I know I can't change the way the store is stocked, so I don't even worry about it.
                      Apologies for the double post

No, I don't expect them to cater to my dreams, but they should sell more than 2 guitar brands that's the bit that annoyed me, only selling Ibanez and Fender is abit silly as not everyone goes for strat shapes, they didn't even sell tele's it was all just Strats and Strat lookalikes.

And I can't open my own store, I'm 15....
                      Gear

Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson JS30RR
                      Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                      Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                      Blackstar HT5H
                      Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                      Marshall JCM 800 2203
                      Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment

how old are you? your reaction to this seems to idicate a level of immaturity. if you are upset by their response, then it is your right to be upset, but you can't pop in after a long time and expect that they are gonna have what you want. if you want stores to survive, you gotta buy from them.

and to be infuriated over a tab book is silly. just order it online and be done with it.
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I'm 15, and it I kind of exaggerated it was only 2 months, that's not that long is it, apologies it's just times go slow for me lol
                          Gear

Jackson DXMG
                          Jackson JS30RR
                          Boss ML2 Metalcore Pedal
                          Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
                          Blackstar HT5H
                          Marshall MC212

Gear I want

Jackson RR1T Black
                          Marshall JCM 800 2203
                          Marshall 1960A Cab

Comment