F**kin spammers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F**kin spammers

get the hell outta here and join some other forum. dont f**k up our shit just cause you wanna make a buck.

Toe will get you.....dont know what i'm talking bout? maybe cause you're just spamming up the threads and dont care about Jackson guitars. just leave

That's what I'm saying...
    "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Are you talking about the "News" feeds?

+1.
      Spammers.
      I could give a rip about Brad Paisley.

Oh, by the way.
      Why is this in "Jackson/Charvel Topics"?

Comment

OK.
        I just witnessed what you are referring to.

Something must have screwed up-this place has been good at catching the bots in the past.

Comment

Wait, make a quick buck? They make money?
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
            Wait, make a quick buck? They make money?
            Automated spammers.
            I'll tell you this-until the mods get a handle on it-DO NOT quote or respond to the "BOT" posts.
            It only feeds them, they get a kickback, and they have a "live" feed which multiplies.

Kind of similar to selling legit email addy's for spamming.
            Just don't respond to them.

Comment

Bill, ya hearin this?
              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Just keep reporting them as you see them.
                Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Why are there bots on here? It's easy to lock them out using .htaccess and challenge/response registration.
                  You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
                  You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
                  --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
                  --horns666 - 12/29/08
                  I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
                  --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by joelayres View Post
                    Why are there bots on here? It's easy to lock them out using .htaccess and challenge/response registration.
                    They've gotten a lot more sophisticated is all I can say. This is J's department and I know it's been a pain in his ass for a bit now. Keep in mind, it's part of the forum software and as far as I know, it's not real easy to implement a new reg schema.

It's going to come down to the developers of the forum software, and I can only imagine if they don't fix it, they'll be losing some market share, I won't tolerate it on other boards I run and actually administer. I've locked them down and if you want to register, it's a complete manual effort, but it eliminates the bullshit all together and worth the extra work in a smaller arena, it wouldn't be feasible here tho, the JCF is far too large now and it would take one guy hours a day to manage.
                    Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Is the forum reg code open source? We've got plenty of programmers on here that would be glad to help add in some bot-catching mechanisms (myself included).
                      Scott

Comment

When I registered it was a good 2 weeks before I was allowed to post (toejam on vacation?!?) so I was kind of surprised to see the bots.

I've been reporting them as I see them, but it does seem like they have been more common in the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by MakeAJazzNoiseHere View Post
                          When I registered it was a good 2 weeks before I was allowed to post (toejam on vacation?!?) so I was kind of surprised to see the bots.
                          Very rarely do I activate accounts. Jeremy usually does it. I'm not sure if ~K~ or Ralph do.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not much you can do about em. Plenty of options for human verification... all are possible to get around.

Comment

Well, I'm a bot and no one has caught on yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X