charvel copperhead guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charvel copperhead guitar

I have been playing charvel guitars since 1987 since then I have bought & sold numerious charvel guitars . 2years ago I purchased what i belive was a limited edition charvel copperhead guitar from guitar cntr.I have seen some Jacksons soloist with the same design . this guitar was mfr. in SanDimas ,ca. plant which is no longer in operation as far as i know ther are only a hand full of thease made the ser.# is 6824 SanDimas, ca. usa. I have only seen one and that is the one I bought I would like to know if anybody has any info on this guitar and if it was featured in the nam show I would apericate any feed back I can get as to how rare this guitar might be.

Pointy head right? Sounds like one of the production 'pointy' Charvels from a couple of years or so back. The Copperhead paint is relatively unusual but certainly not unique.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nice guitar, its a keeper but if you tried to sell it on todays market it would be hard to get more than a grand for it.

If its a strat head then I can see it getting around 1500.

Comment

silverstrat

This guitar is a pointed headf stock, It was mfg In SanDimas so they dont make charvel anymore so that would make the charvel I own worth more than what I paid for it . For your Info. the Sandimas Plant was the Usa Mfrg. for usa charvel & jackson and the first plant to offer a custom shop
        charvels & jacksons It also has the gold lerrteing on head stock I paid amost 3,000 for this axe! so ovouisly AK-47 doesn"t know what he"s talikng about or the curremt market value!!!! I Know that The snake skin I unique But the copperhead design was the first to start all the snake skin models that u see today with the exception of a early model charvel with fender head stock on it so if any body else has some input on this guitar I would apericate any help or I could get!!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=silverstrat;1263391]This guitar is a pointed headf stock, It was mfg In SanDimas so they dont make charvel anymore so that would make the charvel I own worth more than what I paid for it .

I paid amost 3,000 for this axe! so ovouisly AK-47 doesn"t know what he"s talikng about or the curremt market value!!!! QUOTE]

Ak-47 probably does know the true value, but he might have been trying to take advantage of your innocence,

I would say a pointy with gold lettering copperhead could go for around $5,000 and the value should continue to rise going forward, despite the economy.
          Last edited by tanpsi; 07-12-2009, 12:48 PM.

Comment

This is going to be an interesting thread.

Comment

Dude, if you're gonna come here asking questions, then listen to the fucking answers you get and drop the attitude.

I had #6750 which I think was 2005. So your's is at oldest 2005, probably newer. Which makes it Fender. So nothing at all do to with the San Dimas era, whatever the neck plate says.

Originally posted by silverstrat View Post
              For your Info. the Sandimas Plant was the Usa Mfrg. for usa charvel & jackson and the first plant to offer a custom shop charvels & jacksons
              Yeah, people here generally know that sort of info. Which I assume is why you wanted to come here to ask questions. But thanks for clearing that up for us.

It also has the gold lerrteing on head stock
              So what? That's what the recent USA production pointy Charvels all had.

I Know that The snake skin I unique But the copperhead design was the first to start all the snake skin models that u see today
              Nope. And Nope. The copperhead finish was a standard finish option at that time, and there are a fair few around. Snakeskin graphics have been staple Jackson / Charvel fare for years.

I paid amost 3,000 for this axe! so ovouisly AK-47 doesn"t know what he"s talikng about or the curremt market value!!!!
              Since when does what you paid for something define what someone else knows or the market value? That's just the price you (over)paid for it. Even if you're outside the US, that's still too much.

AK47 is right, a used coppersnake pointy isn't even a $1400 guitar right now. IF it had an unusual combination of specs (e.g. maple board, rev head, h/s with floyd) then maybe you'd get a touch more. But somehow I doubt that's what you have.

If anyone "doesn"t know what he"s talikng about or the curremt market value" that would be you, so play nice and listen - you might just learn something. No matter what you hope, you ain't gonna get what you paid for it, never mind any more.. Believe what you want - it's not gonna sell for 3k, unless you find someone equally uninformed about 'current market value' as yourself.
              Last edited by neilli; 07-12-2009, 02:30 PM.
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Hey silverstrat. Welcome. And you're right, AK47 obviously doesn't know anything. Based on your two posts, I can see that you are a lot more knowledgable. If you got that guitar for $3000, you are lucky! That was a great price. Like the other guy said, it's worth at least $5000 by now since we all know it was one of the last to be made in the San Dimas custom shop.
                Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Silverstrat, why don't you post a pic of the guitar to help us better determine precisely what you have?
                  Last edited by Matt_B; 07-12-2009, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Come on Matt, we don't need to see a pic. By the description you know it's one of the rare, hard to find, last of the San Dimas custom shop. It's got the gold logo.
                    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

How about some pics of the guitar so we can see what you've got? Might help everyone in determining what they're dealing with.

EDIT: Matt_B beat me to it.
                      Last edited by stevoc; 07-12-2009, 02:21 PM.
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
                        Come on Matt, we don't need to see a pic. By the description you know it's one of the rare, hard to find, last of the San Dimas custom shop. It's got the gold logo.
                        Shhhh....I'm trying to play nice.

Seriously though. Silverstrat the guitar you describe sounds just like a Charvel I bought used about a year ago for $1100 w/case in mint condition. You can attach any value to it you want - it's your guitar but the market will bear what the market will bear. Don't take it personally. It's just a guitar.

Comment

The pointies from the 2005 are great playing guitars. I had 6292 and it was sweet. I'm always on the hunt for them. But unfortunately, they get no respect in the resale market, particularly the current economy. Plane janes are going for $600-$800 nowadays. Pointies with graphics seem to top out around $1,400.

Comment

You've opened yourself up to some ridicule & abuse due to your attitude, but I'll avoid that and just add a few more points to the other accurate info you've been given here. If you choose to believe what I write, great. If not, no biggie to me.

First off, the San Dimas plate means nothing. These were made in Corona, CA. The plates are just designed to be reminiscent of the good old days, because that's what the customers wanted. For that matter, even back in the '80s heyday, the actual plant was in Glendora, not San Dimas. The San Dimas P.O. box was just the company mailing address.

They made a bunch of copperhead snakeskin pointies. Here is a partial log of post-6000 serial # Charvels:

http://weber.de1.cc/index.html

I stopped counting after 10 copperheads, several of which have lower serials than yours, and that's a very incomplete list.

Comment

I remember GC selling the copperheads for $1700 new.

Comment

Working...
                              X