No announcement yet.

charvel copperhead guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and next time, it might be worth doing your research A: with your mind open to actually finding out some info, and B: before you buy something.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Dont feel bad I have overpaid for a few pieces of gear as well.

Comment

I wanna snake skin guitar Hey you need a tracktor
        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

AK47, I was definitely being sarcastic, just so you know. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take the piss out of silverstrat.
          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Originally posted by fullmetalguitar View Post
            AK47, I was definitely being sarcastic, just so you know. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to take the piss out of silverstrat.
            No worries I know you were I was wondering about tampsi.

Comment

Originally posted by silverstrat View Post
              I just feel that what you pay for something is what its worth to you
              I agree. I bought a '96 Charvel Custom Shop Bengal off a board member here (thanks Curt ) that some folks might have felt was overpriced but based upon the math (getting the same thing new) it was a good deal to me.

I just don't like it when somebody says it's only worth about half of what you pay!!!!
              I completely understand why you would feel that way but again, it comes down to what the market will bear and that market is depressed right now.

For example, I had a bunch of rack gear I just sold. I tracked what the same gear on eBay for 3 months and entered all the data into a spreadsheet to determine the average price for each piece. In the end, I ended up selling almost every price for below that average because....wait for it...that's what the market would bear.

You can attach any value to what to the gear you have but until you actually sell it, that value has no weight or bearing on reality which is again, what the market will bear. The passage of time is never guarantees that the piece of gear will increase in value at all if any. A piece of gear is worth will someone will pay for it - end of story.

Comment

BecaUSE ANY CHARVEL OR JACKSON MADE in Corona is a Fender just look at the headstock It may say charvel on it but its Mfrg by fender in Corona,
                This is a very big misconception. The luthiers from the Jackson/Charvel custom shop in Ontario, CA were re-located to the Corona facility shortly after FMIC's acquisition of JCMI. (they were located in the San Dimas/Glendora location prior to that) They still manufacture Jacksons and Charvels. There may be some sharing of equipment, but they are separate operations and very much separate entities. Many people on this forum have seen it with our own eyes.

Sandimas was the premiere mfrg of Charvel and Jackson ca not Sandimas Sandimas was the premiere mfrg, of american Charvel andJackson so if you were lucky enogh to afford oen then you truly have a custom shop edition and for all of you that think I have an attitude then maby you should take a good hard look at you own selfs before you open your mouth!!!!!!
                I don't know how to respond to this part, mostly because I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say.
                Occupy JCF

Comment

Let this be a lesson to those coming here for info and then calling members out just cause they don't like the information given in return. Don't ask if you don't want to hear conflicting opinions from those in the "know"

I have been here about a year, and have learned alot just by reading thru other's posts, comments and asking questions that arise from that research. I know that ToeJam, AK & Newc, etc know what they are talking about, no BS. If they would tell me something I didn't like, I wouldn't come on here calling them out, its just not cool especially if your NEW and seeking to get knowledge from these and other's members.
                  STFU if you don't like it, its obvious you paid to much and are now trying to convince the rest of us that your inaccurate info justifies getting bent over. If I know not too much, I don't come on here throwing out info that is questionable. It just makes you look stupid and NO ONE is going to take your serious or want to help.

Moral of the story Boys & Girls: Do your research, watch the markets & be knowledgable in your purchases. Tracking the values is a great way to see WHEN is the best times to purchase and when to shy away.

I do this for everything on evilbay, newegg, tigerdirect & etc.

(steps off soapbox)

Comment

Fuck toejams moobies But other than that, yea what the guy above say!!+100000000
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Guess it's a little too late to offer the guy a warm welcome to the forum, eh?
                      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                        I'm calling bullshit....whose little sock puppet is this?? Excellent trolling, whoever you are!

Right as I was posting yesterday, I was thinking he might just be trolling. The other thought that crossed my mind was that he was going to try the old pump & dump: "I paid $3k for this awesome 1-of-a-kind San Dimas," then try to sell it for some stupid price, but when he realized that wasn't going to happen he got pissed. None of the three possibilites (those two, or if he really believes his own nonsense) reflect very well on him.

Comment

I knew this was going to be a trainwreck. A very entertaining one though.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                            Guess it's a little too late to offer the guy a warm welcome to the forum, eh?
                            Why, he´s getting burned, that´s as warm as it gets :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                              No worries I know you were I was wondering about tampsi.

I was kidding too, just trying to encourage that goofball silverstrat!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                                The other thought that crossed my mind was that he was going to try the old pump & dump: "I paid $3k for this awesome 1-of-a-kind San Dimas," then try to sell it for some stupid price, but when he realized that wasn't going to happen he got pissed. None of the three possibilites (those two, or if he really believes his own nonsense) reflect very well on him.

I thought that too

Comment

Working...
                                X