No announcement yet.

charvel copperhead guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a production pointy 2 Hum Charvel at Sam Ash in San Antonio marked at 999.00. New, just a few years old is all.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
      if they ripped you for that much, i would kindly walk in with the guitar, reciept, and a lil paper work proving what the guitar really is, its true value, and a lawyer, with a websters dictionary with the word "FRAUD" highlighted
      He probably paid MSRP which is not fraud. If they claimed the guitar was US made and it was really a import than thats a different story.

He should have 30 days to return the item for full price at GC.

Comment

Well as a GC employee it is not GC's practice to rip off customers and dupe them into paying more money than what something would sell for normally. That is fraud. We dont practice fraud. IIRC the MSRP of the copperhead charvels was $26,00.00 and change. maybe a bit lower but they did sell for about 17-18,000.. I dont know know how many times a customer has come into the store with a guitar they bought from a guy at my store a few years prior quoting they paid t least 20% higher then they really did. We can look this stuff up and find out the exact price they paid. As far as what its worth now? About 1 grand as stated. They dropped off in popularity shortly after the mad rush of people trying to get them. We had several we were hard pressed to sell. Which go discounted highly to about 800 bucks. I so wanted one but didnt have the cash. SO yeah if you truely paid 3k for this guitar you were most certainly ripped off. So you should go bnack there with a laywer as suggested. But my guess from my experiences is you paid about $15.000.00 and probably bought somethin else with it like an amp making the total close to 3k. If GC had sold it to you for more than MSRP it would risk the entire Fender umbrella dealership agreement. And its not worth it.
        As for the neck plate. The series was called "San Dimas" as a tribute to the original guitars from that era. BTW production stopped in Agora/san dimas in 1986. When JC was moved to Ontario california. The last serial on record from then is 5491. So obviously if you have a 6xxx series serial number its not from San Dimas. It is in fact a 2006-7 American made in Corona Cali. made by Jackson/Charvel employees under Fender ownership. saying fender makes Jackson Charvel is like saying Pepsi makes Fritos. Both are under the Pepsi umbrella but obviously not made together. There is absolutley nothing wrong with the Japanese imports of JAckson Charvel. I have several. How ever i also have several USA. yes the USA 's are nicer for the most part. But any body astute enough in the market knows the Japanese make a fine instrument. Regardless of them brand on the head stock. The Japanese fenders form the 80s early 90s were better then USA fenders of that time. So saying Only USA can make a quality instrument is just being blind to the obvious and narrow minded.
        Post some pics so we can see if this is in fact as you state a real San dimas era Charvel. But i highly doubt it.
        *steps off soap box*
        Gil

Comment

ok i used paragraphs in that but the auto margin realigned everything wtf? lol

Comment

Damn, Gil next time you blow out a usa charvel at that price shoot me a PM and I'm there.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
              Well as a GC employee it is not GC's practice to rip off customers and dupe them into paying more money than what something would sell for normally. That is fraud. We dont practice fraud. *steps off soap box*
              Gil
              Sorry to do this to you Gil, I can tell that you are an honest person but. Next time I step into Guitar Center, San Jose... I will take pics of the white model 4 charvel that they are trying to pass off as a USA. I brought it up to their attention and they just fucken blew it off. It comes down to one thing. Buyer beware when it comes to used gear.

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by Tekky View Post
                Preverts!
                Maybe Sully is, but I'm not!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by silverstrat View Post
                  I guess the new kid on the block allways get it in the shorts thanks for the welcome guys I apericate very much!!!! AK-47 dont worry about it bro. what i said wasnt ment intentally But DUDE DG you are the one with a atitude bro Im a honest person I never tried to pump and dump anyone bro What I piad for my axe is what I paid Maby Guitar cntr. has a habit of ripping musicians off and I fell for the bait and switch but hey all of us has gotten ripped off at one point or the other but from a lot of you I got some good info, so for the ones with an open mind I say thanks but in all acuality doesnt anyone belive in american made products anymore? why should we fall victom to all the crap made overseas afterall america is the birth place of rock n roll we started what everybody else wanted and nobody knows how to rock like amreicans!!!! so just because Fender and some other big name corps.get thier guitars made overseas we have to suffer for it!! and if were lucky enough to get an american made we have to pay out the ass for it where the fairness in that!! it should by the people for the people and of the people at least the last time I checked thats what our constution said !!!!! Hell thats probly printed in China now for all I know!!!!
                  So how do you like your 2005 Fender-made "non" USA Charvel?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                    Sorry to do this to you Gil, I can tell that you are an honest person but. Next time I step into Guitar Center, San Jose... I will take pics of the white model 4 charvel that they are trying to pass off as a USA. I brought it up to their attention and they just fucken blew it off. It comes down to one thing. Buyer beware when it comes to used gear.

-Nate

I'm heading up that way today....I'll see if its still there.
                    "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post

-Nate
                      I hate that GC in San Jose bunch of unethical fucks. The one asshole manager tried to strong arm me for my Alembic bass back in 97 long story.

Comment

Fuck a copper head....coppers are for pussys! by the way wwhere is the pussy???
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Well, it was stil there today. One of the sales men saw me looking it over and said it wasn't a San Dimas Charvel, nor was a it a USA made guitar (although the tag said it was) He said it was originally 1700.00, but dropped to 1099.00 once they found out. btw: they also have one used sl2h and a new sl2h, both in black.
                          "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
                            Guess it's a little too late to offer the guy a warm welcome to the forum, eh?
                            Ha HA! Stevoc - you are as funny as F*ck!:ROTF::ROTF:

Talk about a dry sense of humour!

That has made my day.

Regards (and two thumbs up!)

Carl

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Mustaine View Post
                              Ha HA! Stevoc - you are as funny as F*ck!:ROTF::ROTF:

Talk about a dry sense of humour!

That has made my day.

Regards (and two thumbs up!)

Carl

I'v been accused many times of having dry humor....glad someone caught it!

Comment

This thread has made for an interesting and entertaining read. Good grief!
                                Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                                X