charvel copperhead guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
    I remember GC selling the copperheads for $1700 new.
    ...and the plot thickens.

Comment

Are people being sarcastic in this thread?

or is the stupid strong with certain people...

ETA:

Last edited by AK47; 07-13-2009, 08:25 AM.

Comment

He asked for it with his shitty attitude and talking down to AK

CLEARLY, he stepped outta line.

Just cause you paid X amount doesn't mean the guitar is worth that much dumba$$.

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post

Ak-47 probably does know the true value, but he might have been trying to take advantage of your innocence,

I would say a pointy with gold lettering copperhead could go for around $5,000 and the value should continue to rise going forward, despite the economy.

Your joking right? I cant tell if the post was sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by silverstrat View Post
            . For your Info!

Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

If you want a real snake skin charvel,let me know bro! I will get you a "one of a kind"
              I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Originally posted by john.w.lawson View Post
                If you want a real snake skin charvel,let me know bro! I will get you a "one of a kind"
                Would it still rattle when you get close to it?

Comment

silverstrat

First of all I am gonng to clear the air about this whole situation Im not knocking AK-47 for the input Ijust feel that what you pay for somthing Is what its worth To you I just dont like it when sombody says its only woth about half of what you pay !!!! let me reinterate for some of you people that think have an attItude !!!! First of all I dont have an attItude Im only trying to get information That apperantly fender corporation wont release Only because charvel/Jackson USA. were fenders biggest comptition There are some Fenders That were made in Late 50s / 60"s that are worth more now than what the original purchase was paid so it only goes to show if Its woth a good amount when you paid for it and its a guinue quality guitar then its gonna be worth a good amount later as time goes on!and especialy if that guitar was made in USA. If Fender had any since at al they would still be an American co. made for Americans and by Americans and the same goes for charvel and Jackson and not by some dude on a assembly line in japan or mex. or Indonisa that does know the meaning of american craftmanship!!!!Im a firm beliver in product made in the USA. tell me how often yoou see that any more!!!! Now there are still a few charvels and jacksons and fenders made in the Usa and the craftmanship is great quality all I would like Is some good Input on the american made Charvel from the Sandimas plant not the corona plant in ca. BecaUSE ANY CHARVEL OR JACKSON MADE in Corona is a Fender just look at the headstock It may say charvel on it but its Mfrg by fender in Corona, Sandimas was the premiere mfrg of Charvel and Jackson ca not Sandimas Sandimas was the premiere mfrg, of american Charvel andJackson so if you were lucky enogh to afford oen then you truly have a custom shop edition and for all of you that think I have an attitude then maby you should take a good hard look at you own selfs before you open your mouth!!!!!!

Comment

let me "REITERATE" if you want a true snake skin charvel? I will hook you up!!! and it will have fangs and all, brother
                    I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

First of all I am gonng to clear the air about this whole situation Im not knocking AK-47 for the input Ijust feel that what you pay for somthing Is what its worth To you I just dont like it when sombody says its only woth about half of what you pay !!!! let me reinterate for some of you people that think have an attItude !!!! First of all I dont have an attItude Im only trying to get information That apperantly fender corporation wont release Only because charvel/Jackson USA. were fenders biggest comptition There are some Fenders That were made in Late 50s / 60"s that are worth more now than what the original purchase was paid so it only goes to show if Its woth a good amount when you paid for it and its a guinue quality guitar then its gonna be worth a good amount later as time goes on!and especialy if that guitar was made in USA. If Fender had any since at al they would still be an American co. made for Americans and by Americans and the same goes for charvel and Jackson and not by some dude on a assembly line in japan or mex. or Indonisa that does know the meaning of american craftmanship!!!!Im a firm beliver in product made in the USA. tell me how often yoou see that any more!!!! Now there are still a few charvels and jacksons and fenders made in the Usa and the craftmanship is great quality all I would like Is some good Input on the american made Charvel from the Sandimas plant not the corona plant in ca. BecaUSE ANY CHARVEL OR JACKSON MADE in Corona is a Fender just look at the headstock It may say charvel on it but its Mfrg by fender in Corona, Sandimas was the premiere mfrg of Charvel and Jackson ca not Sandimas Sandimas was the premiere mfrg, of american Charvel andJackson so if you were lucky enogh to afford oen then you truly have a custom shop edition and for all of you that think I have an attitude then maby you should take a good hard look at you own selfs before you open your mouth!!!!!!

Well, I believe in using a new paragraph every once in a while but I don't get my panties in a wad when someone else doesn't. The fact that you came here looking for information and then got bent out of shape because you didn't like what you heard is your problem and will not get you anywhere with this crowd.

From what you describe it sure sounds like you got ripped off! If you paid almost 3K for a production model from a few years ago you were duped. Show some pictures and I am I sure everyone will have a good laugh at your expense, again. AFAIK Kevin Easton was the one that came up with the current Copperhead paint scheme. There were a few Jackson Custom shops made around 2004 that were the first. I have one and another JCF member has the other. When the Sam Dimas models were brought back a year or two later they introduced the Copperhead finish as a 'standard' finish. I didn't pay what you paid for yours and I mine was a custom shop guitar.

Now, drop the attitude if you want to learn something around here. If not, STFU.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I'm calling bullshit....whose little sock puppet is this?? Excellent trolling, whoever you are!

Comment

First and foremost not all USA made guitars appreciate in value. There is an ass load of late 70's and early to mid 80's Gibsons that are still worth less than what they originally sold for. Corvus, Marauder, Melody makers, the Q series the U series and the Sonex all come to mind. Many USA made Fenders from the same era are just starting to appreciate in value as well.
                          Just because you spent a big chunk of change on a guitar that you thought was worth it at the time doesn't mean its going to appreciate in value either. There are many one of a kind,unique, and unusual guitars out there that aren't worth a dime.

There is as much bad information available about guitar values as there is good information about them. There are many so called "experts" and self proclaimed authorities that have no idea about market values and realistic prices on guitars. It's just like the stock market. It's speculation at its best.
                          The vintage/collectible market is down between 20% and 40% right now due to the economy and other factors. There are many, including collectors, that have overpaid for guitars thinking the same exact thing you did...".it's going to be worth a lot more than I paid for it." Many, like you, are finding out the same thing. They aren't going up in value as expected or as they wanted.

Many of the guys around here have years upon years experience in this market and have composed and researched most of the information that has been gleaned from what resources are available and have made public that knowledge in order to benefit other Jackson/Charvel enthusiasts, players and collectors. Many here are dealers, builders, luthiers as well past and former employees of JC and FMIC and have shared their inside knowledge with the rest of the members.

Simply because the information you received didn't appeal to you or agree with your ideas doesn't mean the information is faulty or untrue. It simply means they answered your questions with well researched and published information that is current and true to the best of their knowledge.

Your best bet is to take your guitar to someone you feel is qualified to appraise it market value. There are many shops that for a nominal fee will be more than happy to do this service for you.

Comment

Is this Charvel made in San Dimas? Serial is 7238 if you cant read the number in the pic.

Last edited by AK47; 07-13-2009, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I'm not even gonna get into the vintage Fender debate....

BecaUSE ANY CHARVEL OR JACKSON MADE in Corona is a Fender
                              Well you have a Fender then. And you overpaid for it. Life sucks doesn't it? Read back to my second post in this entertaining but totally ridiculous thread.
                              for all of you that think I have an attitude then maby you should take a good hard look at you own selfs before you open your mouth!!!!!!
                              Perhaps you should go back and read your posts fella. You start off by asking for info. Then you don't like what you read, so you start 'telling us' what you think which is in total contradiction to the info you've recieved in good faith, and then you criticise a long established member of this forum - that's not a good way to make friends.

Anyway, if you want to know what the guitar is really worth, put it on ebay with no reserve. You'll get confirmation that we're not full of shit, and we'll get to feel smug.
                              Popular is not the same as good
                              Rare is not the same as valuable
                              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

all I would like Is some good Input on the american made Charvel from the Sandimas plant not the corona plant in ca. BecaUSE ANY CHARVEL OR JACKSON MADE in Corona is a Fender just look at the headstock
                                There never even was a San Dimas plant... its was just a P.O. Box address.
                                Did you even read what dg wrote?

"First off, the San Dimas plate means nothing. These were made in Corona, CA. The plates are just designed to be reminiscent of the good old days, because that's what the customers wanted. For that matter, even back in the '80s heyday, the actual plant was in Glendora, not San Dimas. The San Dimas P.O. box was just the company mailing address."

And your guitar was made in 2005. I had a Star with serial 6768 from 2005... Fender acquired J/C in late 2002. You figure it out now, genius.
                                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                                X