Jackson battery box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson battery box

Hey guys, got a question for any of you guys who have Jacksons with a battery box(for emgs or such). How does the box hold up in the long run? I'm looking at some Jacksons right now that have them, and the boxes look a bit flimy to me.

If there are other kind of battery boxes that jackson has produced over the years, I mean this kind (few pics down, the back of the guitar):

http://cgi.ebay.com/JACKSON-USA-CUST...3A1%7C294%3A50
    Last edited by Oblivion99; 07-12-2009, 12:11 AM.
    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

The ones that Gotoh makes are pretty standard. That's what I use.

Comment

Jackson uses Gotoh battery boxes.

Comment

This is a stupid and obsolete idea.

Why route out wood when you dont have to also if you go to passives you have a stupid extra cavity to put your weed into.

This is what smart people get:
        http://www.fretsonthenet.com/Battery%20Box%20Covers.htm

Comment

I like the idea of the battery box, but I have problems sometimes with certain batteries not fitting quite right. The lid doesn't close and no contact is made. I prefer to not use them. On some of the guitars I make/modify, I go to Ace Hardware and get brass threaded inserts. I take the inserts and insert them into where the cavity screw holes are. With the brass inserts and regular machine screws, I don't have to worry about stripping the wood holes when constantly changing the battery (yeah once a year).

Comment

just stick the battery in the control cavity in a piece of foam, its what i did with my blackout battery on my KV2.

you'll only change it about 7 times in your life so why bother with a special box for ease of changing? shabba.
            Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
            Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
            ISP Decimator Pedal
            Sony Wireless Systems
            Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

thanks for the replies. I was thinking of purchasing a guitar from a store with a battery box, I really was wondering HOW the box holds up, not if it is a nice addition. You guys make a lot of good points though, and so after some thought(about more than just the battery box ), I think I might just order my own custom shop!
              Last edited by Oblivion99; 07-13-2009, 03:38 PM.
              My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Comment

I have one in a 7 year old guitar which still works fine (DK1). It's not a box with the contacts built in, it just holds the battery in place, and has a regular old battery clip with 2 wires coming off of it in there.

Comment

Working...
                X