No announcement yet.

What does a SL1T or SL2T go for today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does a SL1T or SL2T go for today?

Hi everybody. I sold all my guitars a few years ago so I've been out of the game for a couple of years, but now I want to pick up the guitar again and start playing. I was thinking about getting a non-Floyd Soloist, but I don't really know what they go for these days? What would be an ok price to pay for a nice looking second hand SL1T or SL2HT without being ripped off?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by BK; 07-19-2009, 01:38 PM.

I picked up a 2007 SL2HT , new never sold for $1250.00 about 6 month ago. It is a great guitar I wish I bought one sooner . Now my OFR guitars just sit in there cases.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

I guess that's a decent price for a new guitar. I hardly see any on eBay, is it because the non-floyd Soloists aren't any popular?

Comment

I have been looking for a second hand black SL2T and I wont pay a dollar more than 1200 and thats only if it has the case and is in near mint condition.

Comment

[QUOTE=BK;1265911 I hardly see any on eBay, is it because the non-floyd Soloists aren't any popular?[/QUOTE]

That would be my guess , plus a soloist as alway been associated with shredders and Floyd's . And if you can live with a Japanese guitar the SLSMG or SLS-3 can be had new for what a used USA would cost. I lucked out buying mine IMO.
          Mike

Comment

I don't mind a Japanese guitar, but I really don't like the headstock on either the SLSMG or SLS3.
            Last edited by BK; 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM.

Comment

That's too bad, because they're great playing guitars.
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

What about this one http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Jackson-Star...A1%7C294%3A200 they are built for the Japanese market only . It does not have MOP inlays or logo but otherwise looks good to me. My guess is this is about even with the SLS series as far as quailty . I almost bought one myself but came across the SL2HT for only a bit more.
                Mike

Comment

That Jackson Start looks sweet. It's under consideration.

Comment

The Music Zoo has a used SL2HT in trans black with chrome Dimarzio D-Activators, case and paperwork included. Its not listed on their website. I've talked to one of their salesmen Dan about it - its in great condition.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Just sent them an email.

Comment

Working...
                      X